RotoMetals2RepackboxMCD ProductsWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Green Supply Closing

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Green Supply Closing

So after 52 years in business, Green Supply has reached the point where we have run out of options and we’ll have to permanently close our doors.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Sorry to hear of anyone failing

Bear
    Last edited by Brokenbear; 10-04-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Boolit Master

I should clarify. I received an email from Green.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Don't know what Green Supply is/was.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Don't know what Green Supply is/was.
    Green Supply was a sporting good Distributor A FFL I know sent me the letter.
    I don't know for sure at one time they may have been retail

"For months now, Green Supply has worked tirelessly alongside industry professionals in an attempt to try to raise capital in order to stay in business. We did everything we could to generate new funding in order to keep our business running, our customers supplied, and our employees (much of our small town) employed. Unfortunately, each path we explored turned out to be a dead end. So after 52 years in business, Green Supply has reached the point where we have run out of options and we’ll have to permanently close our doors.

The approximately $1,000,000 inventory that remains will be sold in bulk next week. If you are interested in making a bulk purchase. The deadline to express interest is Monday, October 7th. Bidding will begin on Tuesday, October 8th. We will not be selling individual items, we are looking for serious bulk purchasers only.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you for over a half-century! "

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

History on their website. Really started expanding in 1982. Loos like they tried automation to a good degree. But like other businesses, internet has enabled us to price check and comparison shop to save that last penny. And the wholesalers are getting pinched pretty hard. Places like amazon and eBay offer cheaper alternative for accessories that these distributors sold.

Plus, just because you’ve been in business a long time, you can be doing things wrong. How did they pay for the automation and warehouses? Borrowed money? Or cash. Probably the prior.

Just my simpleton opinion. I’ve taken a few decades to learn, but borrowed money can be hazardous.