RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stressing a bit.

Boolit Master

Stressing a bit.

For those of you who don’t know much about me, I tend to be very resolute, self reliant, and extremely independent. Many of the old timers around know my story when it comes to my physical condition and how my last tour of duty left me with major spinal issues. Even with everything I still had more good days than bad. Six months ago that changed and I became almost helpless more days than not, requiring assistance with many of the activities of daily life.

To make a long story short, after being passed around the VA system for 6 months like a bad penny, I finally got into see a neurosurgeon on the private healthcare system, and am scheduled for spinal surgery tomorrow. I have multiple ruptured disks, and multiple areas of stenosis due to arthritis. I know a lot has changed in the last 10 years, but my father walked in for nearly the same surgical procedure and never walked again. Needless to say I am a bit stressed.

The Doctor assures me that I will be walking and have feeling again in my legs a couple hours after the surgery. If true, it will be a great improvement over what I have now. Walking across a small room is an excruciating endeavor at the moment, and often times the pain is intense enough that I black out and fall. I have been living like this for over half a year but I am still walking. According to all the research I have done the greatest risk is infection with this procedure, and 100% of all patients experience some if not total relief. Still it is hard for me to get past the fact that a similar procedure destroyed and eventually ended my father’s life.

For those of you who are of the praying type, keep me and Dr Matz in your thoughts and prayers tonight and tomorrow. I don’t usually ask for things because if I can’t make it happen on my own then it wasn’t meant to be, but this time I feel the need to ask, because I dont want to end up like my father. My walking isn’t that great but I still force myself to do it.

Thank you in advance,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master
    Wishing you the best! & Prayers.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

You are in my prayers. I am going to a neuro surgical appointment this afternoon to see what can be done with some of my back and neck issues. Good luck.

Joe, you are in my prayers. Attitude is everything. Stay positive.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy
    Joe, I have been impressed to respond to your post to offer some sort of relief to your concerns. I'm sure you are fully aware of the advancements in neurosurgery these past several years and I have confidence that your procedure will be totally successful. Now, my prayers will be for the Lord to give you peace and solace going into this to know that you will come out of this with an abundance of health that you haven't had for a long long time. Be ready for your life to change in a positive way.
    A friend (who doesn't know you personally) who's praying for you.

Prayers for both if you. I've had several back and neck surgeries and fusions so know somewhat what's going through both your heads. Boerrancher, it sounds like you're a very determined and mentally tough person and it sounds too like you're going to suck it up and drive on no matter what the outcome may be. That sort of attitude will take you a long way in your recovery! Hopefully you'll be up and around in no time!
    Best of luck to both of you, and keep us posted on y'alls progress!

(I don't post very often but check in here about every day.)

Boolit Master

You are most definitely in my prayers! Anything in God's hands never goes south as any outcomes are in His plan. "All things work together for the Glory of God!" Trust Him with everything you got. We'll all hear from you soon!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Prayer sent.

Moderator Emeritus

The VA and medicine are different now, count on the doc, trust in God, walk out with your head high and chest out.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Joe you will be in my prayers along with the entire medical team working on you.
    Another show me guy.

Boolit Master
    I had a similar surgery 2 years ago. Before the day, I was concerned. I spoke with the Dr's office and they told me that on a scale of 1 - 10, what he was doing to my back was a .5. They've come a long way in the past 10 years. And they were right - I was fine. The important part is after surgery. Do what they tell you.
    Good luck.

Prayers and good luck to you.

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers offered. Hoping for a great outcome.

Moderator Emeritus

My sincere best wishes and prayers for both you and the entire medical team working on you. My younger son's mother-in-law had similar surgery last summer, after the crippling results of an automobile accident's affects got to the point where she viewed surgery as her only option. The only regret she now voices? That she should have underwent the operation a few years before! I see no reason why you, too, cannot voice a similar sentiment! (She was laid up for 3 to 4 weeks, after which she walked, and did things (according to her daughter) she hadn't even dreamed of doing post the accident)
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Take care of yourself brother. Prayers sent for quick recovery

Prayers are with you. As stated, follow the post OP instructions to the letter. They dont make that stuff up for grins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

VA has been good to me. As mentioned a lot has improved. I'll be praying for you anyway.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Stay strong Joe! My thoughts and prayers are with you in mind. Thank you for your service and hopefully you make a full and complete recovery!
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Master

Prayers in the name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus for your health, a successful operation and recovery.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Prayers and best wishes from our house to you and yours.
    R.D.M.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast