Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change in the way MP-Molds is going to do Group Buys

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Since this is effective immediately........

How will I be notified that group buy molds are in his e-shop and ready to be purchased?

How will he prevent someone buying my mold before I can?

Thanks,
    JB
    Do we know these answers, yet?
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Exactly what I was wondering. How do you stop some random guy from the hinterlands showing up five minutes after Miha lists it in the E store and buys the mould from a GB you've been waiting a year or more for, before you even know it's completed and ready to be paid for?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

It would be nice. Frankly Miha should step in here and should have been the one to bring all this to attention. A honcho or former honcho should not have to do it. All the business he has gotten from guys here on CB I think we earned that courtesy.

Vendor Sponsor

Gentlemen..... I've been preoccupied with getting my daughters marriage wrapped and in the books, now complete!

The GB's will be assigned to a single person, through an email or profile name on CB. What you are seeing now with Miha's site is phase 1 of 3 phases.

PH 1: is to assign a mold GB to a specific user, so that Miha knows his stock-count, and you know that its been assigned to you as the buyer.
    PH 2: Create an account over on his MP-molds.com site, preferably one that you also use here so it's easier to cross examine
    PH 3: CB will eventually be a gateway, to reach the 1000s of people on this site, to apply his molds directly to you.

I think this will be the ultimate! We will be able track flights

In Remembrance

Miha reported that there were (past tense) some recent issues with his web site. Should all be OK now.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4728680

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I'm A Honcho!
    And cut down on over runs for him. Both he and Al at NOE look for ways to not carry stock from Group Buys where Molds were ordered and not paid. Both are running 70-80% sign ups to buys.

This way after an allotted time the molds can be opened up to everyone.

Win win...for all.

And maybe he can post his list of over run molds on hand since he’s doing site adds.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

In Remembrance

Miha certainly needs to keep his on-line inventory updated. For example, and as a test, I went looking for a recent 500 S&W Mag group buy, the pointy bullet. Couldn't find it on his site although I am sure (positive!) he has some leftovers.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...lit&highlight=

Not sure if Miha does his own web updates, or if he has a person to do that for him. But, there's a lot of updating to be done. Many of the somewhat recent group buy molds are not currently listed.
    Last edited by DukeInFlorida; 09-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Just paid my GB order of MP.452-155-SWC-PB-6cav-NLG as a guest, anyone really can snatch those GBs. I know we have 2 NLG orders but there were 5 available, then 4, now 3. Miha will email you the link if you're in the GB so you get first shot if you do your part.
    It was a smooth transaction but even if you choose $ currency, it'll revert back to EU when you pay thru PP & exchange rate is EU=$1.15 (current rate is EU1:$1.10), guess PP makes a little cut on exchange which they call currency spread.
    Anyways, just sharing my experience.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

This is the first board to offer this information, several other boards where MP molds are available arent as up to speed with it yet. Perhaps this will consolidate the quantities from all the available purchase outlets needed to push a buy through and get them delivered faster.
    Ordered an in stock mold on 9/13/19 from MP, had it in hand 9/19/19...DHL tracking was great.
    Lets hope this speeds things up, (along with the hollow point pin supplier he uses too)

Pete

Boolit Buddy

DHL tracking is great and the shipping is fast. Ordered a 45 ruger only mold Sunday afternoon and it's here Wednesday afternoon. Can't beat it

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My most recent M-P mould buy was direct off his site. I used my desktop and had no problem, but in the past I have had site glitches there. I was glad to see that it's been debugged. In connection with that purchase, I had two separate issues with DHL that were really aggravating. The shipment got delayed in San Antonio - I was not given a reason nor advised how long it would be. No update came when it continued. Then the mould showed up but was left on a gatepost instead of being delivered. I have no idea how long it sat there and am just glad my spouse spotted it rather than the meth-squito porch pirates nabbing it. I did not check the 'no signature' block. Three days later, I got the DHS 'your package has been delivered' email. Hopefully they will do better.
    Thanks very much for the heads-up.

Boolit Grand Master

This is not good news if you ask me. I've had my problems with USPS, but I use them the most. No problems with Fedex, UPS, or Speedee. I'll pinch my nose in this case, otherwise I normally refuse DHL. No other carrier has consistently been as slow. It used to be a running joke, you could pull up the tracking and watch the package come to your state, then get sent 1000 miles away, sit for 4 days, overnight make it to the wrong state, then finally be out for delivery. Then you knew it would be there in 2-3 days. They don't like to knock either. Either the package gets dumped, or they keep driving if no car is in the driveway. I've seen it. Best case is DHL gets it into the US and passes it to the USPS.

Boolit Grand Master

Here is another question I don't see, maybe I missed it. How are we going to get a 15% group buy discount? Maybe coupon code?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Here is another question I don't see, maybe I missed it. How are we going to get a 15% group buy discount? Maybe coupon code?
    See this link. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oicing-process

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12