Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Rcbs pro 2000???

Boolit Bub

Rcbs pro 2000???

Hello I have a friend offering me a brand new RCBS pro 200 progressive press for $250 and was wondering if it is a good press and worth the price. It’s in the box brand new with all the parts and a set of dies for 9mm. Also has a bunch of primer strips

Boolit Master
    Indeed it is. You may never get a chance at that price again.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy
    BUY IT! I paid over $400 for mine and would do it again. They are a great setup.

Bill

Boolit Master

Fantastic press. Terrific price. Discontinued press, but die plates and shell plates are still available. Mine is absolutely reliable. Love APS priming. Tens of thousands of rounds for 10 cartridges later and still ticking reliably cranking out ammo. Feel free to send a PM if you have more detailed questions.

I really don't understand why that press didn't get more marketplace acceptance.

One tip. It should come with a micro powder measure adjustment that can be configured with either the standard or small metering cylinder (both included). If loading large rifle and handgun, recommend getting one additional Uniflow outfitted with the case-activated linkages (the micro adjustment crew is the cat's meow. Get that too!). Only need two powder measures the way the press was designed. One small cylinder and one standard.

Why I like it:

Caliber "conversions" are inexpensive. Only need a die plate and maybe a shell plate.

APS priming is super reliable and loading strips is easy. Or look for sales on preloaded CCI primers.

No press is quicker to change over. I can go from loading a small pistol cartridge to, say, large rifle in about 150 seconds. That includes changing priming.

No locator buttons. Die plates snug down with one nut. Crank it tight. No fussing with getting it just so, and tighten this and that, etc.

When it needs cleaning the APS comes apart simply.

It just works.

So, yeah buy it before the seller wises up!

Here are some pics of mine:

With the other Uniflow stowed on the shelf:
    Last edited by Taterhead; 09-04-2019 at 11:19 PM.

That’s what I paid for the one I had that was NIB as well. Sold it for even more after I used it.

It was still in great shape though. I got it mostly just to play with.

Boolit Master

Jmorris brings up a great point. If you need a case feeder, the Pro 2000 is not the right press. Unless you have fabrication skills like jmorris!

Boolit Bub
    Thank you brother really appreciate the feedback, press brings everything and he has a bunch of primer strips that he will be giving me with the press, has the powder measure and it’s brand new

Snatch it up the case activated linkage for the powder measure is almost a hundred bucks, I just finished resizing and depriming 2000 pcs of 357 mag brass itook couple of hrs +/- great machine

Excellent press. You'll get some great use out of it.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Wish I could find another one for that price.....all I see is jacked up prices and few of them. Seems those who have them are keeping them.....like me.

I added a Pro Chucker 7, to play with the idea of using 7 stations, but they should have kept the APS primer system.....that was a mistake IMO. No plans to ever sell the Pro 2000.....too easy to use.

Feeders are nice, I made or modded my own......but unless you are loading a lot every week, not that necessary. I still haven't bought an electric case collator, even with the case feeder I made. A Lee style shaker I copied is too handy....requires no caliber changes to speak of like the electrics do. Four 36" tubes filled in a minute is plenty for what I reload....and caliber change is maybe 3 seconds.....

Attachment 248850
    Last edited by GWS; 09-25-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Just bought one. Didn't realize they were discontinued. Have found all the shell plates I need but no die plates. Found a company UniqueTek, Inc.540 W. Iron Ave, Suite 118 Mesa, AZ 85210 that was going to produce billet die plates with an upgrade but decided not to. Now that RCBS is bailing on the Pro 2000 if enough people express interest they might do so. Let them know if your interested. Web Store: <https://www.uniquetek.com>

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nissedh View Post
    Just bought one. Didn't realize they were discontinued. Have found all the shell plates I need but no die plates. Found a company UniqueTek, Inc.540 W. Iron Ave, Suite 118 Mesa, AZ 85210 that was going to produce billet die plates with an upgrade but decided not to. Now that RCBS is bailing on the Pro 2000 if enough people express interest they might do so. Let them know if your interested. Web Store: <https://www.uniquetek.com>
    Congrats on acquiring an excellent press.

Hopefully you'll be able to track down some die plates. Have you checked with RCBS directly?

EDIT: RCBS still lists them on their site with a "notify me" option. Maybe they are still doing occasional runs and are out of stock along with most other reloading stuff.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 06-28-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Congratulations! They are getting to be rare for sure. Sure do like mine.

If you ever get into 3D printing or know someone who has, you might like the lighting and camera system I built for mine. Think powder checking without a powder check die or wasting one of the precious stations of that progressive for a lock-out die or such.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=RCBS+Pro+2000

I can post the .stl print files in a zip file....if there's any interest.

Boolit Bub
    buy some spare parts now. Discontinued. parts available for now. Will not be once supply has been used up. I have two. Great presses once you understand how each component works together.