WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 114 Degrees and Sunny Out Today

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    The longest year of my life was spent at Fort Gordon GA. It wasn't the so much the heat (100 degrees) it was the humidity (seemed like 100% almost all the time). 100 degrees is still 100 degrees and hot by any standards, but mix in the humidity and it is stupid uncomfortable.
    NH has MAYBE two or three 100 degree days in the summer. The rest of the time it is mostly in the 80's with some humidity....not bad at all.
    The winters on the other hand........
    Did AIT at Ft. Gordon. Basic at lovely Ft. Jackson. Both in the summer. Quite the shock for a Northern boy in the heat department
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

At least you can afford the electricity to stay cool out there. Here in San Diego, SDG&E (San Diego Gouge and Extortion) rips us off at every opportunity. People inland that actually need AC are paying over $500 a month to stay cool - I'm glad I am close enough to the beach that I don't need AC.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    What did they do before there was electricity? ...One thing, It wasn't as hot...I mean in the city. We have a situation now where the concrete and asphalt soaks up more heat and cities are anywhere from a few degrees hotter to +20° hotter.
    People used to find shady areas in hollow's or down by the creek to be cooler. Now we have A/C as we live on the computer. Don't get me wrong I ain't saying it was better without electricity. Personally I like both A/C AND sitting on the internet.
    We suffered. I never had an ac growing up we was poor. In fact i never had one until after i got married.

I’ll stick to my cold butt Wyoming,I saw 100 degrees a couple of years ago it lasted about 20 minutes,frightful as it was we survived.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12