RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners

Thread: Pacific Case Trimmer Cutter Replacement

Boolit Master

Pacific Case Trimmer Cutter Replacement

I have one of the old blue colored Pacific Deluxe case trimmers with a dull cutter. Does anybody know how these cutters come off the shaft and if the new "Cam-Lock" cutters, which I can get, fit these older Pacific trimmers?

Banned
    I don't know about the new Cam Lock trimmers.

However, your trimmer has the cutter and shaft as a single piece. To remove it take out the tiny set screw on the handle and remove the large E-Clip and slide the shaft forward. The spring clip on the cutter end serves as a stop to keep the shaft from coming out backwards, remove it only if you like living on the edge.
    It is possible to use a lathe and modify a Forster shaft to fit. It would have to be cut to length and turned for the handle and E-Clip to fit.
    Take the shaft out and take it to the store that has a Cam Lock in stock and visually compare the two.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the info PRESSMAN, I appreciate it. I am going to take dimensions of the shaft in mine and use it as an excuse to stop by my local reloading shop that has one on display. Of course along with my steal machinist rule and micrometer.

Boolit Buddy
    hate to resurrect an old thread... but did you find out if the cutter/shaft are interchangeable?

Boolit Buddy
    I'd like to know that too. I suspect that they are not, but there was a Hornady model that looked like a ringer. I had some semblance of luck sharpening mine with a stone. I called Pacific several years ago and was told they had no replacement cutters.