Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: need a good load for Ruger P-90

Boolit Buddy

need a good load for Ruger P-90

Anybody have a good load for a Ruger P-90 in 45 acp? Using a 185gr smc? Loading for a buddies gun and have no idea how hot to load them. I'd prefer a medium to light load.

Thanks,
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Master
    I have used 6.5 gr of Unique with a 200 gr copper plated slug in my P 90. I have also used 6 gr of Unique and a 200 gr lee tumble lubed SWC in the same gun both worked well. My standard load is a 230 gr LRN over 6.5 gr of Unique that I use for carry and shooting small game. Works well for both.

Boolit Grand Master
    My P-90 likes the Lyman 452460 200 gr. ahead of 7 grs. of Unique for 915 fps. Substitute the Lee 230 RN and the same powder charge for 920 fps., but not the light load you want.

The P-90 is as tough as a hammer, I have used much hotter loads than the above with nary a glitch.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks a million guys. I'm gonna load up some and see what they do in that gun. I know it has a pretty stiff recoil spring and didn;t want to load up something that wouldn't work the action...
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Master

Great gun, I had one for 4 years. Loaded 185 GR LSWC's over Clays powder. a hotter load was 5.2 gr but the gun will function down to 3.9 gr also.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Banned

i had a p-90dc and it shot everything i put in it that was reasonable.
    couldn't hit nothing with it but it worked every single time no matter what.