Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: BL-C(2) and cast boolits

BL-C(2) and cast boolits

Something about BL-C(2) that gets my interest is that it appears to produce good velocity with lower pressure than other powders. Not only that but the pressures listed in the reloading manuals show rather low pressure for it like the 30-30 with a starting load of 21,800 CUP with a 150gr bullet.

So my question is, will this powder work with cast boolits? Anyone using it? I'm wanting to use it in a 303 Brit with reasonably heavy boolits with the idea that I might get reasonable velocity at reasonably low pressure.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I would be interested in that information also as I have a large supply of BL_C2 and a 30-06 and 308.

Blc2 and h335 are both very usable with cast boolits. I don't have my load data in front of me but I've had good luck with blc2...starting with the starting jacketed data and working up. Might need to use a pretty hot primer with the starting loads to get a good burn.

Boolit Master
    Have used it with cast and jacketed in 30/06. FWIW is using it suggest either Win primers designed for ball powder or magnum primers. Noticed in my M1 when using standard primers and wearing electronic muffs that occasionally would hear the hammer hit the firing pin before ignition. This stopped with magnum primers. WIN 748 was the same, maybe even bit worse.

I just so happen to have a thousand or so Winchester primers I bought during a primer drought when I couldn't get my regular Federal primers which have given me good accuracy and didn't want to fix what weren't broke. I eventually got Federals so have all these Winchesters needing a purpose, so .... that's good news.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 07-04-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Boolit Master

Here is a link to Ranch Dog's load notes for .308. It is also his favorite powder for 170 RDs in 30-30.

http://noebulletmolds.com/rd/30Cal/3...315_308Win.pdf

Thanks for the link, jaysouth. That's an interesting table and of course, BL(C)-2 is right there and looking very good. That information would be relevant for the 303 Brit at the lower levels since the case capacity is pretty much the same. Throats are different though.

An interesting experience with BL(C)-2, I loaded up a few j-word rounds for testing in two 303 rifles, one having a single baffle semi-suppressor on it. With H4350 the recoil is so gentle, I don't bother to hold the butt against my shoulder but with BL(C)-2, the scope smacked my eyebrow (not too hard). It was much louder too.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 07-05-2019 at 01:08 AM.