MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CLOSED: MiHec 10mm/40 S&W - 170gr / 150gr WFN/ HP Brass or Solid - ReRun

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Just paid mine.Euro to dollar is equal. Was $95/95EUR for a brass 2 cavity HP mold. Should be fun in my Glock 20. Hopefully my alloy choices will get it closer to 180 grains. I didn’t get the group buy 15% discount as listed is the first post though..it was regular price.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-04-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Boolit Bub
    just paid invoice
    Exchange rate on Paypal
    $141.09 USD = €135.00 EUR
    1 USD = 0.9568 EUR

did not get the 15% group buy discount.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HikerLT View Post
    just paid invoice
    Exchange rate on Paypal
    $141.09 USD = €135.00 EUR
    1 USD = 0.9568 EUR

did not get the 15% group buy discount.
    Same here. That is the same thing I paid. I just paid it without checking for a discount. Anyone know if the amount for the 4 cav brass hp should be lower?

Boolit Buddy
    Double posted!

Bill
    Last edited by wwmartin; 09-05-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I received a tracking number this morning. The price was the same on mine.
    It looks like that was the regular price originally quoted.
    Bill

Boolit Master

Paid. Thanks to all that made this happen.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Same here. That is the same thing I paid. I just paid it without checking for a discount. Anyone know if the amount for the 4 cav brass hp should be lower?
    If you buy a 4 cavity brass HP mold from his website, you will pay almost $25 for FedEx Shipping to the US which would be almost $160. So $135 to get the mold shipped seems to include the 15% discount.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    If you buy a 4 cavity brass HP mold from his website, you will pay almost $25 for FedEx Shipping to the US which would be almost $160. So $135 to get the mold shipped seems to include the 15% discount.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. The invoice had zero mention of anything but a mould. No prior notice either, it just showed up. Probably would have been much better if he included the discount by explaining free shipping or something.

Boolit Bub
    1168 days from signing up to receipt of mold. Unusual and tough times for most everything. Glad it finally got here, wasn't sure I would still be here to see it.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I have to give a hats off to MP customer service. I had an issue with my mold. It looks like it was maybe chipped off during the process of cutting it or just got damaged. Don’t really know what happened and accidents happen. I had a good amount of alloy leaking into the HP cavity with the issue. I forwarded photos of the mold I had taken before I used it and forwarded it to MP. MP already sent a replacement mold!!! Got it yesterday. Thanks MP!!!

I posted a bunch of photos of the boolits I made with it already…

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...94#post5459994

I picked an alloy to soft for 10mm apparently. My 16/1 alloy i mixed up a few years back on has a BH only 7.5/7.8. Which other members have informed me that the hardness is closer to 40/1. I mixed this alloy back in 2017 when I first started casting and buying questionable pewter items. I have since only purchased dinnerware items for the last four years. I’ll have to mix some new alloy up to make real 16/1 …lol. Anyways I casted up 20 pounds of 7.8 alloy in these I can’t use. All PCd up and ready to go. I will try and do some trading or selling here I guess or they will get smelted back down.

I casted up 7 pounds today with two different COWW alloys I have stock piled. One was 14BH and the other was in the mid 12’s for BH last time I checked. I added 2% pewter to each alloy so I’m guessing I will have bumped it up a point. I’ll test the hardness in a few days with my lee tester. I’m sure they both will probably be hard enough for 10mm. I polished my lee .401 sizer to .402 since my barrel’s largest slug measurement was 401. I also did a smash test to make sure my PC is staying put.

Well this mold sure makes pretty boolits! Here are some of my COWW boolits from today…

These are 7.5/7.8 bh alloy I can’t use…

Just wish it was a 200 grain mold so it drops 180 grain HPs. Mine average around 161/162 grains in 7.5 bh alloy. Guessing I am going to have to push them pretty hard to get expansion from my 10mm to get any expansion with the harder alloy I need to keep from leading.

7.8 BH…

COWW alloy…

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-17-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    E-mails are OUT!

If you missing one send me e mail on

miha dot prevec att siol dot net
    Just got out of the hospital yesterday, and saw that you sent e-mails out for this GB.
    Paid Paypal tonight. Please reply. thanks.

mopedmedic AT hotmail DOT com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456