MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: CLOSED: RERUN- MP 359-135 FP - 6 or 8 cav Solid

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Thank you, hermans. The main reason I'm trying to get load information is that, loading for my grandsons is that they are both students, the older is in chiropractic school and the younger is still has one year of college left, if this virus thing is ever over with. Neither get to shoot much but I want them to have ammo available when they do. I also want to have confidence in its safety

I can use the standard manuals, of which I have several, but will have to extrapolate since no one specifies a 135 grain bullet. Everyone who has the mold seems to love it but no one suggests a load.
    alamogunr,

I do load Somchem's MS200 and S121 which is very similar to your Bullseye and RedDot powders...according to my burn rate chart, so just check that before you proceed.
    So what I am loading with this boolit, that is the LG version and powder coated, that I have been using for a few years now, is 3.7gr MS200 with the COAL at 1.112. This gives my 980 f/sec which is not a hot load at all but a very nice plinking load and it also makes the IPSC power factor easily. This is fired from my CZ Shadow 1 of which the barrel length is about 4 inches if I am not mistaken.
    Unfortunately due to the COVID19 lock down here I have not been able to do load development on the NLG version, but I suppose the velocity should not be drastically different from what I have been reading here on the forum?
    So, that is my load and is not what I say you should load with your powders, but maybe it can be of some use for you when you try to work out what you should load with your powders.

Hope I could be of some assistance to you, and keep us posted on your progress.

Boolit Master

I do have a chronograph so I can start low with those powders and work up. Even though I don't have the exact gun that the grandsons have(S&W Shield) I can make sure that I don't even approach max loads. This is an incentive to get started on PC also. I'll probably try Red Dot first since I have both Red Dot and Promo, just have to make sure that I don't forget which one I'm using at the time. I like that Red Dot is somewhat bulky(?).

Won't be able to do much testing for awhile due to "social distancing". Been reading up on why us old folks are more at risk. We fall into risky categories for several reasons. Not the least of which is age.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I do have a chronograph so I can start low with those powders and work up. Even though I don't have the exact gun that the grandsons have(S&W Shield) I can make sure that I don't even approach max loads. This is an incentive to get started on PC also. I'll probably try Red Dot first since I have both Red Dot and Promo, just have to make sure that I don't forget which one I'm using at the time. I like that Red Dot is somewhat bulky(?).

Won't be able to do much testing for awhile due to "social distancing". Been reading up on why us old folks are more at risk. We fall into risky categories for several reasons. Not the least of which is age.
    You might try sport pistol. I am using it with this mold and shoots better then I do. It is suppose to be made not to react with the PC. There is load data for it as well using coated bullets.
    Last edited by mto7464; 05-13-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by afish4570 View Post
    Cast a batch 0f 2400 (600/hr.). Just lubed and sized to 358 and lubed with LARS 2700. I have jug 0f Green Dot I would like to use. Anyone using this powder? For IDPA in to get 975 fps. for power factor. Also what overall length are you loading?afish4570
    I am loading the NLG to where the case mouth is even with the rim on the bullet, OAL 1.112. I am running 3.4gr Titegroup getting 940fps out of the Sig P365XL, or 1003fps out of the Walther PPQ Q5 Match.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112