RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Divorce and suicide

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Butzbach View Post
    Matthew Chapter 12

31 ... but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
    It seems the primary work of the Holy Spirit is to open eyes/ears to the truth of the gospel, i.e., the Good News, that all sin is covered by the self sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. At risk of upsetting folk who don't want to discuss "opinions" of the meanings of scripture I'll say those passages refer to effectively calling the Holy Spirit (who is NOT a "Holy Ghost", by the way) a lier. The ONLY sin that sends anyone to hell is a rejection of the truth that faith/trust in the finished work of Jesus when he cried out, "It is finished." Therefore it's clear (at least to me) that when the testimony of the Holy Spirit is called a lie it's blasphemy and there is no other sacrifice or work that matters. (See John 3:17-18)

[i]Ref. any value comparison between sins; it's true that even the desire to sin is a sin but it's not true that all sins or sinful thoughts are "equal". Contrary to popular misconceptions, there will be no end times judgements about sending anyone to heaven or hell. The Lord's Judgement Seat in heaven will be to give rewards for good works done in the flesh. The Great White Throne punishments in the present hell will likewise be for bad works done in the flesh.

If those statements are not true then the Bible is wrong and there will be no real spiritual judgement nor any eternal difference in how good or bad we have lived. But that level of nonsense is not so.

Char-Gar, as a side issue on your comments on my previous observation about "It is finished", I'm 80 and have attended church services in various mainstream denominations as far back as I can remember. I've heard dozens - maybe even hundreds - of radio/TV messages about the cross, many by some big name preachers. Every one of them has stressed the bloody physical death of Jesus on the cross, not his agonized spiritual death, as the crux of that event. Not a single message I've ever heard has stressed that Jesus work was "finished" when He said it was finished but he clearly was not then physically dead.

I won't argue about what you believe is the correct orthodox interpretation of what "It is finished" actually meant or how young and dumb I must be for not having heard of what you have heard.

Thus the floor is your's because I'm an adult Christian; it's not critical so I don't care and I have no more to say about the issue.

I don't base my understanding on what comes from various pulpits. That is not a reliable or consistence source of information. Every preacher is doing his own thing and that produces some pretty funky stuff at times. I don't really have an interpretation of the words of Jesus, because I can't read his mind. I only offer some cultural knowledge from Jesus's time that may or may not help folks as they try and understand.

The best piece of advise I ever received was in 1970 when I was a young Christian sensing a calling into ministry. A wise Christian elder told me: "My younger brother, always remember that theology is not God. Theology is just man talking about God.". I have always remembered.

I think I am done here, having offered what I have to the group. It is now up to individuals to do their own head scratching and praying.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    I do not base my understanding on a word from a pulpit.
    We don't have a pulpit at my church.
    I base my understanding on the Word of God
    and how it saved me.

I saw the post of the dog that killed a toddler
    so I goo-searched it, there were two last week.
    Search "family dog kills toddler"
    Oh, my God.
    Many.
    D'ya know "Why would God...?"
    could also be a prayer? To ask Him?
    I pray God would hold up a grieving mother.
    Amen

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789