RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: 41 MP Mold 413-265-WNFP

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

41 MP Mold 413-265-WNFP

Let me throw out the disclaimer for anybody who might want to try anybody's loads. View these pages and use the listed data at your own risk. The load data contained within these pages can be submitted by anyone on the Internet and it is not verified to be safe. The data submitted may be unsafe for use in your particular firearm. Consult a published load manual first to research the maximum loads for your application.

Now, down to what I did with it. This thing really fills up a cylinder. (on my 6.5" Ruger Blackhawk)
    I used the small HP pin for the first casting and then loaded up a few with 16.0gr of 2400. That'll sure kill a deer or anything you want. I think it's a little much for my enjoyment though, but it was an accurate load. I loaded up a few more with 8.0gr of Unique and I think that'd kill anything made of meat but it was much more enjoyable to shoot and very accurate. I was almost wrapping the gong around the crossbar with it too, and had to let it calm down between shots. I think that'll be my load for now, the 8.0 gr of Unique. More testing with the other pins later and maybe I'll shoot some jugs or wet magazines. I like it!!
    Last edited by Beagle333; 05-05-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Well to start with i don't use load data off internet unless it is posted by powder company nothing against you i just don't do it. I don't hunt but do carry a 41 and just love it even if my old hands don't for more than a couple boxes at a time. I also like unique in mine although i don't have a mold that heavy. But i would have to agree sounds like it would take care of anything you may run up on. Happy hunting.

Boolit Master
    8.0 grains of Unique is safe to use with any bullet one can stuff in a .41 Magnum. Velocity from a 6.5" barrel with a 265 should run just over 1000 fps.

One of the posters here from Idaho just shot a nice mule deer doe at 88 yards with a 230 HP using 8.0 grains of Unique...was DRT....

Have to check my records to see what I have been running this boolit with...H110 I believe...

Bob