WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Price check on Win. 1886 takedown, new in box.

Boolit Master

Price check on Win. 1886 takedown, new in box.

I bought this yesterday at a online auction. It is new in the box, unfired, 26" barrel, full mag tube. Blue and wood are immaculate. They only made these 1 year, 1999. Blue book lists one in this condition around $1400, is this a real world price?

Boolit Buddy
    I paid $1,050 for one new in 2000. To barely keep pace with inflation, that would be about $2000 now.
    When I got mine, they were not exactly easy to aquire. $1400 seems fair for new condition, I cant see finding one below $1250.

Boolit Master
    Bird thanks for the reply, you and I are in the same ballpark. I would love to keep this rifle, but living on a fixed income, means it has to go. I bought 3 guns in a lot, all or nothing, and two have to go, this being one of them!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    Bird thanks for the reply, you and I are in the same ballpark. I would love to keep this rifle, but living on a fixed income, means it has to go. I bought 3 guns in a lot, all or nothing, and two have to go, this being one of them!
    Koger
    dont do it mate!!! keep the 86 takedown - sell the other two whatever they are ........

Boolit Buddy
    Dare I ask, what were the other two?

Banned
    Is this the one with the tang safe and rebounding hammer ?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    I bought this yesterday at a online auction. It is new in the box, unfired, 26" barrel, full mag tube. Blue and wood are immaculate. They only made these 1 year, 1999. Blue book lists one in this condition around $1400, is this a real world price?
    They make special runs of these from time to time. Matter of fact, there are some 45/90 take downs out there from last year. Davidsons has them from time to time but usually 6-9 at a time and are gone in a day or so. I tried to snag one last time about a week ago they were up but took too long and were gone.

$1400 is very reasonable IMHO and I'd buy it at that price.

Boolit Master
    Do what you gott'a do. Get one having to buy three is allot of mola placed in another's hand. {Something I myself never got use too.} Snagging a little of that investment back. "Wise ole' owl behaviour." no doubt.

Boolit Master
    Guys it is the Miroku made , 1999 with the tang safety. It has the 26" barrel with the the full length mag and the wood looks like swirled chocolate! It has the crescent blued buttplate, ocatagonal barrel. I may end up selling some other guns and keep this one.