Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Would like to buy Ruger 77 trigger guard

Would like to buy Ruger 77 trigger guard

I've got an early 80's Ruger77 that I fat handed the trigger guard and broke it at the front bolt. It works fine, but it bugs me. I've seen me.the steel ones but they're a bit pricey for me. I'm hoping someone has one they'd sell. Thank you for looking and any idea's for fixing it are welcome.

Boolit Buddy

Call ruger and explain it broke. I have had them mail me all sorts of parts to include action screws I lost, rear sight assemblies and also a full set of bottom metal that broke at the rear actions crew from years of use. All of the items were always free of charge!!
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...od-trade/page3

Unfortunately they don't make them anymore. I guess when they went to the Mark 2 style they changed something on this part too where the new won't work.

Boolit Buddy

Did you already call and ask? I have recently gotten several older parts for the push feed tang safety rifles from Ruger. They said they were low stock on some items but did have a large amount of certain parts for the older rifles? It's up to you if you wanna call and ask but it could save alot of coin to simply give them the serial number and see if they have parts or not.
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag

Boolit Bub
    Ruger hasn't had M77 trigger guards in a decade.

My solution was to fix it thusly: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...-guard.832146/

Boolit Buddy

I know they have not made them for decades. They also have not made action screws for the original M77 for years either but I called last year and was sent all 3 action screws. Not sure why everyone is against what I said. Do whatever you like and keep saying they have not made the parts for years but the simple fact is I called and they had parts for a rifle built in the 70s that were new and shipped them out no problem to me as well as a the trigger guard minus floor plate and I switched mine over.

I haven't called in a year or so but I did call (my first thought) and nope no help. Thank you, though. It wouldn't hurt to try again.