MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Kudos to SCCY

Boolit Master

Kudos to SCCY

I just got my PLUS ONE promotion package in the mail today. Ten days after emailing in my receipt for a new SCCY pistol with a safety. Just wanted to post and say I was very impressed at the package offered, a new magazine and a nice thick cleaning pad. I purchased a Kimber cleaning pad two years ago, from Kimber, and it was paper thin! Tore up within a few weeks.

I know the SCCY isn’t a Tier One Snake Eater weapon, but everyone I had has served me well and SCCY has never let me down as far as customer service. In fact, the camo colored one in the picture has over 4,000 rounds through it and is one it’s third recoil assembly. All three have been free, and after the first one I just order one about every 1,500 rounds to be on the safe side. The first recoil assembly failed at about 1,750 rounds (I do keep a note book in the range bag for actual round counts in my pistols. So I know when to change out parts or document breakages.). I changed out the second one at 2,500. And then the third new one just came is I went ahead and changed it out at 4,000.

I got the second one, with the safety, and I hate it. The frame comes out and has protection wings around the safety. Hurts like Hades when I shoot two handed. So it’s one hand drills until I get the frame swapped out.

Anyways, kudos to SCCY.
    Lefty

Attachment 239732
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

Contact sccy about the frame problem, I seem to recall someone else having that problem and sccy converted it free of charge.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

I did, and I got “the wrong guy”. LOL

I called back, to get another more knowledgeable CS Rep, and they said they do not have any frames for sale right now, everything is getting thrown out as complete pistols, but I was put on a list. Was told they planned on making a Frame only option again very soon.

BTW, the slide and internal chassis is the serial weapon, so frames can be swapped out. Had to explain that to “the wrong guy”. He asked where I heard that from, I said from SCCY! This isn’t my first rodeo, Bub.

Lefty

The front to back width of the grip feels strange to me- but I haven't fired one. Are they comfortable to shoot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    The front to back width of the grip feels strange to me- but I haven't fired one. Are they comfortable to shoot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Oh no! I can get a “comfortable” two finger grip with the flat base plate. The finger extension base cramps my finger too much, but shootable for a short time. It keeps me in shape for shooting revolvers.

It’s got recoil, but manageable. I think of it as a 11 shot j frame. Snappy, long trigger, and weird grip. But the thing fires and I have given/sold several to non shooters and they are happy with them. I have to say, I think Taurus G2C is a better pistol at the same or less price point.

I got my first one from a friend that had buyers remorse. I try to keep one or two around. It fits my multi holster and pocket holsters, and being light they carry well.

I shoot 50 through my camo one every time I go to the range. Makes my G27 fun to shoot! LOL
    I’m just shooting it to see how many it can take. So far, just the recoil assembly, needs replaced around 1500 IMHO.

Great customer service. Guess that is why I keep one around.

Lefty