Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir

Boolit Man

MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir

Have been trying out some loads with HP and solid versions of this bullet, my two uses for the caliber are a Marlin 32-20 and Single Six .32 H&R, primarily the former for silhouettes.

Mine's a GC mold, the first one of the type I've tried and the GC's (Hornady) crimp on well. I use LBT Blue lube which is what goes on my .41's for use in a Marlin, also at silhouettes. No intention to run these bullets very fast, 1300-1500 or so will be enough. With a scope on board the rifle my first day at the range testing a variety of bullets and powders found the solid version of this bullet giving the best group at 50 yards with 9gr of AA #9 for 1497fps. Loaded up a bunch and shot my first match of the year with mediocre results, likely as much from lack of practice. Putting the scope back on I got 3 shots into 1.5" at 50 yards, not quite as nice as on testing day, and switching to Lil'Gun and Reloder 7 the groups were worse at 1252-1504fps. Those same charges of powder under 115gr cast from Moyer's gave better results, at 1269-1609fps.

Might be the heavier bullet needs more speed, or just lucking into the right powder, but I have yet to read other reports on bullets from this mold. So far in the .32 H&R it's been poor at 840-960fps using AA9 and 800x.

I don't know that I've seen the Cup pins on other molds I've looked into, what is the purpose of it vs. a short HP pin?
    Last edited by kgb; 05-16-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    I may have this in the wrong location.
    Has anyone tried this mould in rifles? I do not see much comment about performance in 32 H&R or 327, so I was wondering how it would do in a 30-30 Marlin Microgroove.

Boolit Master

I've used it in the Henry .327, Marlin 1894 .32 Magnum and 1894CL in 32-20 and every version of handgun ever made by Ruger in .327 and .32 Magnum. I have not used it in any other calibers. Give it a whirl, it can't shoot any worse in a 30-30.
    Please post your results, good luck.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    I have not bought the mould yet.
    Mihec has a twenty per cent discount sale going and shows seven in stock. I shoot 32 handguns, but only 32 H&R. I always thought this slug would be too heavy for the magnum, but might be good in the Marlin.
    That is why I asked the question.

Boolit Master
    "it can't shoot any worse in a 30-30"??
    Hummmm.
    I think I will keep the money in my pocket and move on.
    Thank you.

Boolit Master

If your looking for a bullet for the 32 H&R., I've had very good luck with the 313631. I got mine from Tom at Accurate Molds. If it's a 30-30, 311440 for hunting or 311291 if you want a gas check for target/plinking and if you can find one, a 311241 is plain base that is flat awesome in every 30 caliber I've tried it in.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have been shooting an RCBS 32 wadcutter, and although the wadcutter is good for what I do, I would like something greater than two cavities.
    I'll start looking for a 313631.

Boolit Man
    I think this is pretty much a dud mold compared to the commercial bullets available for .32's, but I do intend to keep working with it in my .32-20 and might squeeze some down a little for use in a .300 Savage.

This bullet shoots great in my single sevens and my 327 gp100.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

Please share your loads/results.
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

I use 10.0gns of 2400 with the flat point powder coated mjolnir cast of 100% wheelweights. These weigh 127gns with my ww’s. I also load the large hp’s cast out of 60/40 with 4.7gns of unique for a more mild self defense load in my lcr. In .32hrm brass, I load the large hp over 4.0gns of unique for a good self defense load. All of these loads are very accurate in all of my revolvers. If you have any questions, just post them up. I hope I can help.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!