MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: C&B Revolvers. . .Which One?

Boolit Buddy
    Hi bigslug, I'm orginally from Port Arthur Tx. Kin folk had a patch of marsh just out side of the city limits. (a couple of hungred areas of marsh land) I was alouded to go and shoot the C&B pistols that I had at that time.(I don't remember what models or even what calibers.) but nutria where fairly plentyful and once in a while a rabbit would jump up. every once in a while we(a friend and I ) would shoot a nutria and once we got a rabbit. all where one shot kills. once we even got two nutria's! ok, and we shot at a lot of them. after jamming up the guns with black powder we'd wash them off in a bar ditch dry them off as best we could, load them back up and go hurting some more.(All that land is now the city dump) and this was the time of Crisco over the ball in the cylinder.and yes, this was about 45-50 years ago.

Boolit Master
    My overall favorite is the '58 Remington. Among the Colts, I like the 1860 Army because it feels best in my hand and also looks better to my eye than the '51 Navy.

Boolit Bub
    i love my pair of 1851 ranger colt pistols 36 caliber as they are very nice to hold in my hand and they shoot very well!

The one I'd choose over all the others would be the 1862 Pocket Police .36 in any barrel length. This would fill all my c&b needs. I've owned the .58 Remy and the Rogers & Spencer and both were comparable to most modern revolvers in accuracy and also pretty powerful. Downside was the weight; they were too heavy for extended carry. The little 1862 PP would be IT!
    Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345