Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miha Prevec (MP molds)

Also happy customer here...And what comes on HP pin system on MP molds... On my mind it is far better than few other customer makers system. I find NOE's molds also excellent quality and good to cast but that RG pin system isn't that good. Thats just my opinion. Those brackets are more prone to move or bent etc. vs that cramer system.

Accurate is also good and you can always send mold to Eric @ hollowpointmolds to make it HP mold. If I recall right Eric uses same system on HP like MP does. If you don't need any HP boolits or under 7 mm molds Accurate is place to get quality molds also. Have a pile of all makers molds...NOE, Accurate and MP if you don't count commercials molds like RCBS etc.

Boolit Master

Recognizing that the OP was penned in 2019, here is what I know today of MP Molds.

From the Swappin' and Selling Forum I bought two (2) Mihec HP brass molds in 2019 that originated from a Group Buy here in 2017. These molds were new, unused, and still in their International shipping boxes. I finally got around to heat treating and attempting to use them this year, after a prolonged hiatus from casting and shooting (for personal reasons).

I found all of the as-received HP inserts on one of the molds were incorrect. The distance milled on the HP insert between the alignment pins was too narrow (by 0.040") to fit the mold without galling and binding.

As the 2nd owner, and new to Mihec molds, I contacted sales@mpmolds.com, and described the condition. Through several email exchanges Miha and I discussed the inserts. Miha sent me four (4) complete sets of additional HP inserts and alignment pins, at no charge, and all of them fit the mold.

My positive exchange with Mihec Molds leaves me puzzled about the "cold shoulder" noted by others.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 07-31-2021 at 06:57 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Vendor Sponsor

nothing but good experiences with MP Molds. They ship in stock products quickly. from Slovenia to US in 4 to 5 days
    have at least 10 of their molds all work and cast great
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I have 8 of his molds & I'm signed up for 2 more (a 3rd. tempts me). No problems with any. I like them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigboredad View Post
    I'm glad you have good luck with your my friend and I shoot quite a bit probably more than you no offense meant. I've also had hi molds. The brass molds hold up better but to be honest I much prefer accuratemolds.com. I have played with the hollow point molds and mihas hp are much better than others I have tried but I really have no use for a lead hp preceding a wfn.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
    I shot just over 30K last year. At least 20K of that was boolits from one MP aluminum mold.
    NRA Benefactor.

I'm really glad it is holding up for you. I don't wish a crappy mold on anyone. 30,000 is about 6 months. I do believe he made a poor choice in picking aluminum and he only chooses steel or brass no matter who he buys from now.

I bought a aluminum 4 cavity from accurate a few years ago and it is the main bullet I shoot and it has well past 30,000 on it. And it is still making good bullets and I have 0 issues. It's very possible he got a Monday hangover or Friday afternoon I want to go get drunk mold. Personally I prefer to spend my money is the U.S. and accuratemolds.com is local but that's just my choice

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I just finished refurbishing some MP and Accurate aluminum molds. I was new to casting when I got them (original owner, here) but went for quality. Unfortunately my learning curve was hard on them. Among the six molds I'm talking about I cast 30-40 K before having problems.

Both manufacturers make molds of impressive quality, but I don't recall one brand holding up to my abuse any better than the other. Aluminum is soft compared to the other mold materials, and while I picked it for the least weight for the number of cavities I wanted, I didn't take the extra care to avoid beating them up.

I'd buy either again without hesitation. I favor MP only because Miha's 8 cav molds make for a higher rate of production than Tom's 5 cav molds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12