MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Lee 358-158-RF

Boolit Mold

Lee 358-158-RF

I want to try this for a 1000fps load in two 16 ,357 carbines.Any of you guys used them ,any info would be helpfull. Thanks Doug
    a armed man is his own master

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I've got one of these, but haven't had a chance to cast any with it. It is a mighty hansome looking boolit. I'm hoping it will go extra well in my Rossi.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Quote Originally Posted by canon6
    I want to try this for a 1000fps load in two 16 ,357 carbines.Any of you guys used them ,any info would be helpfull. Thanks Doug
    Doug, I could send ya some to play with for the postage. Just PM me your addy.

jim

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

I have this mold in a 6 cav. It's one of the better Lees that I have. Good accuracy with 5grs W231 in Mag cases in both the Marlin 1894c and the Cowboy rifle for my CAS loads. Shoots great in the various 357 handguns I have as well. Haven't chroned this one yet.
    Cast with WW and a smidge of lino added, they drop @ .360+.

Doug: Cast of ACWW over 11.2 WC820(AA#9) in a Rossi '92, five rounds at 25yds. in a vertical string 1.7 high X .4 wide. Goes 1475fps. I have a problem with elevation with the factory sights, hope the reciever sight I ordered will help. Same load in a single action rev., six rounds in 4.5 high X .7 wide, 1197fps. Primers starting to flatten a little. (Same elevation problem with the SA sights)
    Looks like this could become my favorite .35 cal boolit.

Jerry

Boolit Mold
    Jerry, thanks for the info and thanks two all who answered.I am putting a Williams FP on my wifes Rossi 92,I will kept you guys advised how they work out. Thanks Doug
    a armed man is his own master

I have been thinking about getting that mould. I want it for the 35 Remington. I have a lee 150gn swc flat base in a 6 cavity. It shot very well and is a good mould. The mould that I have I have cast 300+ boolits in about half hour with the temp at 650 and cutting the sprue as soon as it did not wiggle. I was getting perfect boolits and the cavity was well filled out. The sprue cut easily.

Well I guess that the next time I have $35.00 I am going to try to get that mould. I have always looked through the lee moulds in midway, and I always say that I was going to get that mould but was waiting for some comments on it. I have got what I wanted and am going to try it.
    DANIEL/BS JR.
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 12-06-2005 at 11:49 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    In the hills south of the Kaw river, Kansas

Red face Hs-6

Doug

I've had good luck with HS-6 at 6.0 grains and as I recall it runs between 1000 and 1100 fps in my 1894c Marlin. I'll check my notes on the speed of these. Mine drop at 0.360" water quenched and I just tumble them in some softened Johnson's Past wax. I get 3" groups at 50 yards off a saw horse just supporting the forearm and factory sights. It's about as good a group as I've gotten with anything else I've shot in it. (I'm kind of shaky and this gun isn't anywhere near broken in ).

Jim
    Last edited by tall grass; 12-07-2005 at 08:01 PM.
    ...Praise Him all creatures here below...

I use a healthy dose of 2400 powder for this bullet in my Rossi 92, Blackhawks and Smith N frames. Shots great with 4.0 bullseye in a .38 two inch.
    Big Bullets at moderate speeds...Makes things move

Boolit Buddy
    I bought this bullet and tried it in my Winchester 94 AE. It would not feed reliably in the Winchester, at least in 357 brass anyway. I did not try it in 38 brass. While I never put it on paper, it seemed very accurate as long as I single loaded them. This is just my experience, and it is probably just my rifle.
    Joe

Boolit Buddy
    the boolit has a really nice shape ,it's a good hunting boolit. i would like to try a lee mold with this boolit profile in the 41 mag .
    Real guns shoot at least an ounce of lead

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Nyack Kid
    the boolit has a really nice shape ,it's a good hunting boolit. i would like to try a lee mold with this boolit profile in the 41 mag .

I would like to have EVERY boolit style in a .41 Maggie Mold! What a sweet gal, I really got a crush on that .41 Maggie!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.