MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: best reloading press for beginners

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    (Okay guys, I know this case measurement conversation is off topic but the original question has been well answered and we're speaking to a new guy who can surely benefit in knowing a bit about how others USE their favorite presses!)
    Thanks , very informative , I lack the tools or any application were these techniques would beneficial but hearing how it can be done is very interesting.

Boolit Master
    Cry once, buy once. Get an RCBS RockChucker and be done with it. Only SS press you'll ever have to buy.
    Been using Lee for decades and have yet to shed a tear

Quote Originally Posted by str8wal View Post
    Been using Lee for decades and have yet to shed a tear
    Good to hear! I'm just not a fan of SOME Lee products. If its working for you, more power to ya!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Good to hear! I'm just not a fan of SOME Lee products. If its working for you, more power to ya!
    Most of us feel THAT way. But -- Many of us feel exactly the same way about any other maker; Lyman, RCBS, Hornady, etc., so many of us are uncomfortable with blanket statement about Lee or any maker.

IMHO, all makers give us some individual tools that I, after loading with dozens of items from all current producers since '65, like better than all others and they all have tools I don't like. But that's only my opinion and other's valid opinions certainly differ. Thing is, I'm an old man who knows nothing is foolproof to a sufficently talented fool but none of our makers make tools that don't work and give good value when they used properly AND for the purposes they were intended.

Boolit Master

I’ve owned progressive presses since 1991 and got my first single stage in 1981. I would never want to be without a single stage press. The Lee Classic Cast has some nice features but I wouldn’t get rid of the Rock Chucker for the Lee. Definitely start with a single stage press with the intention of keeping it long term.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Most of us feel THAT way. But -- Many of us feel exactly the same way about any other maker; Lyman, RCBS, Hornady, etc., so many of us are uncomfortable with blanket statement about Lee or any maker.

IMHO, all makers give us some individual tools that I, after loading with dozens of items from all current producers since '65, like better than all others and they all have tools I don't like. But that's only my opinion and other's valid opinions certainly differ. Thing is, I'm an old man who knows nothing is foolproof to a sufficently talented fool but none of our makers make tools that don't work and give good value when they used properly AND for the purposes they were intended.
    Yup well said.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456