MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One piece stock conversion SMLE 303 Rifle, Instructions

Boolit Master

I never even wanted an Enfield before ! NICE !!

WOW ! That is one of the nicest military rifle conversions that I have seen. Really a work of art and love.
    There is a old Mauser that someone spent a like amount of time and effort on at a store near me now.
    It has been on the rack for at least 2 years and they havenít reduced it once yet. I have thought of making a offer on it many times but it would just sit in a safe and not get used much if I bought it.
    If it had the sentimental value like your rifle I would own it and never part with it while I am alive.

That is a treasure !

Jedman

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    WOW !
    It has been on the rack for at least 2 years and they havenít reduced it once yet. I have thought of making a offer on it many times but it would just sit in a safe and not get used much if I bought it.

That is a treasure !

Jedman
    I just managed to find 50 rounds of PPU for a good trade value, and I can't say that I will ever shoot all of it, but the rifle is now MY rifle and it is with someone that appreciates it and not getting laughed at on the back rack of a gun store. Not every gun has to be shot everyday to serve a purpose or to bring joy to its owner

Obligatory YMMV
    Last edited by VinnieBoomBah; 07-13-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    What an absolute treasure.

If there was a dictionary that compared the words "gunsmith" and "armorer", a picture of that rifle would be there as visual proof of the difference between the two.

Just goes to show what can be done to a basic rifle with dedication and mad skills.

Boolit Master

This is my first time to visit this section of the forum and Reverend Al's pictures show the finest Enfield I ever expect to see. It is a shame that so few people get to see such a fine example of art. I think I would have been capable fitting the stock and doing the checkering, but I would have never attempted the carving, I do know I have limitations. Same with the metal working, I can operate a drill, mill and file but engraving should be left to others. I could not even draw such designs, much less cut them into any material.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Grand Master

I would not have believed an SMLE could be made that attractive. Mr. Kukacka was a very talented man.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, thereís absolutely no point."
    Ė Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12