Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Do E-Bay purchasers have more $$ than sense?

Exclamation Do E-Bay purchasers have more $$ than sense?

All, My wife just auctioned a broken Apple I Book G 3 on E-Bone for $405.00! By broken I mean the hard drive ist kaput according to Apple's Tech Support and a local computer "doctor." Why would anyone purchase a 3yr. old machine with a dysfunctional hard drive. Also, under Bullet Moulds, a new single cavity Lyman #358429 is already up to $34. Although I sometimes buy there myself, I really have to wonder about people's sense of value and worth.

Boolit Master

Maven,

More $$$ than sense is correct. I've seen used lubersizers go for 90% of new cost and moulds are out of this world.
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    I love the "Buy it Now" part.
    A person has a "buy it now" set for $60.00, a person does a low bid and get's rid of the "buy it now". Item get's bid up to 75.00 bucks... Ebay use to make sense..
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    Maven:

OK, OK; so I just went $127.50 plus shipping on eBay for a Lyman EZY-Loader, NIB with dies in .30-'06 and .303. But I wanted it! Gives new meaning to the term "kloodge"; even "kloodgier" than my C. V Schmitt Model 12 "Straightline" loading tool. If you don't know about the Schmitt, be assured you don't wanna! (PM me and I'll send you a writeup on it, plus a couple of other deservedly forgotten loading tools.)

floodgate

Boolit Master

I have bought a few mold's off E bone .
    But I set my ( cheap SOB) max price .
    If the rest of the bidders want it more , let them over pay .

I have payed about 1/4 new price for a Lyman 4 gang 358156 with handles that I wanted and I didn't even pay my max by a few $$ .

Johnch
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Buddy
    have you guys seen what lymans 462560 have been selling for on evil-bay?
    those prices go beyond senseless ,specially when you can have dan make a better mold , dang close to the origanal.
    Real guns shoot at least an ounce of lead

Boolit Master
    I look at ebay a lot like I used to look at the old Christmas catalogs. I'll put in a bid and if I get it, great, but no great loss. Right now, reloading dies are going dirt cheap. Picked up .22 hornet,7.63x53, and .30-06 dies under $40 for all three. Picked up the RCBS .41-215 and the RCBS .22-55 for under $25 each. Now, I have lost 100s of bids, but once in a while.
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Master
    I have seen this all to often. The funny thing is at farm sales and estate sales the same idgits are at them too. The only time they don't show up is when I am selling somthing.
    Craziest thing I ever saw at a farm sale was a guy that bought a silage fork. He gave right around $60 for it and a couple of tines were broke.
    I have had the "wants" for a 200+ grain 35 mold and a 300 grain 44 mold. They are both still made and I just can't see paying new price for a used one, a SC to boot. I have placed bids on a few of the 35's and see them go for a few dollars less than new or a few dollars more and you could have one made at MM.
    jeff

Boolit Master

Not just boolit casting.......

9 MEC powder bushings just went for $18.50 plus shipping. They're $1.43 each in my MidSouth catalog. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master

JSH, you have a PM
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master
    7br, I have to agree with you. I like you set a max price and if I get lucky, well then good. But if I don't thats ok also. I once set a max price of $40 bucks for a set of three .303 british headspace guages. Things went down to the wire. I got outbid at the last minute by .01cent. Stuff happens. But I did get the bolt and other parts that I bid on. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a 462560 SC off of ebay about 6 months ago. It turned out to be new in the box and casts excellent bullets. Saw several go for almost $100. Bid $49 for the next one up and got it for $47. Saw a 4 cavity 462560 and watched it go for $180 I believe.

You have to now what stuff is worth.

Boolit Master
    I sell quite a bit on ebay, and find that many of the crazy high bidders pay with Paypal. Probably a secret stash of money acquired from selling other stuff that the spousal unit will never find out about.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Cool

Best I ever did on Ebay was a double cavity 358156 new in the box for $25 plus $4 shipping. Lately I've been using the johnch cheap sob method mentioned above.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN