Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lube for dry skin?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Corn Husker's Oil, great for cracked heels & my fingertips cracking in dry weather.
    I was a fan of Corn Huskers for my dry, cracked skin care for many years. Then I tried bag balm from a feed and seed store for a case lube; it worked great. And I've not bought any Corn Huskers for more than 15 years.

Boolit Grand Master
    One of our fellow booliteers makes and sells skin care products along with bullet lube. LsStuff sells some dandy stuff. Bag Balm & A&D is almost like first aid care for me. Works great.

This might sound nuts, but I got a "spray on" case lube from someones video on youtube and it works great for moisturizing skin. He suggested adding some essential oil to make it smell great otherwise it has no scent at all. The formula says to heat the alcohol. I don't. Just make sure the alcohol is of high purity and the liquid lanolin will mix in just fine. I use "fir" essential oil. The skin doesn't need to be saturated. just a quick spray does it, then rub the hands together before the alcohol dries.

Oh, and yes, it also works good as a spray on case lube.

Homemade case lube

Ingredients:

1 TBL 100% lanolin oil (NOW makes one)
    12 ozs 99% alcohol (HEET fuel dryer is one)
    Optional: Add fragrance oil to mask the alcohol smell.

Heat alcohol and lanolin oil separately to 110°F in a water bath. Add the lanolin oil to the alcohol and mix and shake to mix. Add optional fragrance while it’s warm. Allow to cool down then add to sprayer bottle.

USMC 77, USRA 79

can you say Bag Balm?? i use it for all my case lube and it soothes my hands
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Lyndonville VT the home of Bag Balm is 20 miles S of my cabin. I have been driving by it for over 20 years now. There is a 3D sign that looks like of half of a tin sticking out of the side of the original building but looks like they may have moved or maybe just expanded to another building about a block over. Bag Balm is everywhere now!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NEKVT View Post
    Lyndonville VT the home of Bag Balm is 20 miles S of my cabin. I have been driving by it for over 20 years now. There is a 3D sign that looks like of half of a tin sticking out of the side of the original building but looks like they may have moved or maybe just expanded to another building about a block over. Bag Balm is everywhere now!
    There are several makers of bag balm. I love the stuff and have seen no effective difference between them for sizing lube or hand care.

Bag Balm. There's other brands with the same formula. The 8-Hydroxyquinoline Sulfate is an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. I often use it on minor skin damage such as abrasions and burns.
    Cognitive Dissident

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12