Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Load for a 11mm Danish Remington RB

Boolit Mold

Load for a 11mm Danish Remington RB

Good day all. I just picked up a really nice Danish RB that was set up by the Danes for target shooting- adj. sights and a great trigger. Problem is this...

After I did a chamber/ bore cast seems clear that the groove diameter is . 4625 or so. Even hollow base bullets that are the usual .458 keyhole at 25 yards.

I cant get a mould or bullet that is any bigger than . 459 so I tried casting bullets ( the Lee . 458 grain 405 grain Hollowbase_)
    and powder coating them up to about .463. Problem is then the rounds won't chamber. I tried trimming the cases about a quarter inch but still no go.

Any advice much appreciated- best MC

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Is it chambered for 51mm~2.07" cases?
    Is it chambered for 46mm~1.81" cases?
    Either way the original Danish bullet was a stop ring bullet.

Second bullet from the right:

If it is chambered for the 51mm case then it has a way long leade and you only need to load the base of the bullet into the case and let the rest be as cast.

I have never met a Danish RB that didnt shoot better than good with the Lee 405_459-HB bullet cast from 97/3. Soft is good for bumping up.

Does it say something like: Kjøbenhavns Tøihuus on the tang or the plain Remington novel?
    The Remigton rifles has a Sheffield steel barrel and are rather inferior thus lower smokeless pressure. The Danish made ones has a German Witten steel barrel and is of better alloy thus higher pressure.

Sheffield steel barrels = 1200bar~17400psi
    Witten steel barrels = 1600bar~23200psi

Bottom original 41mm rimfire
    Middle 46mm centerfire for the shooting society (Your rifle?)
    Top M1896 smokeless round for the improved 51mm chamber

Boolit Mold
    You know you may have a point. Although the brass I got is 51 mm long, the gun may be 46 mm. The action was made by Remington and so marked so I guess I got the soft barrel. The load I was using was 23 grains of 5477 with the 405 grain Lee. The question is how to make them chamber. Should I shorten them more than 46 mm maybe ? Thanks MC

Boolit Grand Master
    After reading 17nut's post and discovering there are at least two different chambers for these rifles; I would order a bit of cerrosafe and do a chamber cast, just to make sure what I had.

Robert