Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 986 5" barrel anyone familiar with them

Quote Originally Posted by welder_48340 View Post
    Tazman when you went with the other grips on your 929 are they thinner. I feel the Hogue grips are a tad wide for me. Or maybe the are fuller etc. Thanks Bob
    I don't like the Hogue grips either. They just don't feel right to me. I went with a set of Pachmayr presentation medium grips. I have something similar on all my S&W revolvers and have for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CM View Post
    Never understood a 9mm revolver when a 38 Special is superior in every way. Ditto 45 ACP revolvers vs 45 Colt.

Love my "1911s" --- Star 9mm and Kimber 45 ACP, they make sense.
    I like all of them. I really don't find one to be superior over another in similar caliber size unless you are talking about magnums. Each has it's own area of best use.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks again gents I ended up buying the 986 today. My local dealer was 250 cheaper than anyone in town. Thanks again. Bob

Boolit Mold
    Well Gents I bought a 986 today . They had a great price on it and said go for it. Now I need moon clips etc. The price was 799.00 so approx 250 cheaper than anyone in town. The empty case that came with it said the gun was from 04/2015 So must not be a great seller lol. So hoping to go to the range soon. A but weird weather here in Michigan and I enjoy shooting out doors. Thanks again guy. All be safe keep your powder dry. Bob

Boolit Mold
    Update on the 986. Went to the range today. Started raining so only shot 70 rounds. 5 moon clips of 124 lead cast bullet lee mold. Also 5 moon clips of 115 grain berry bullets. All with cci primers ane titegroup powder. The gun was great shot straight which is better than my. No ftf and no sticking brass. So extremely happy with the results. Thanks again all for the input. Be safe shoot straight and keep your powder dry. Bob

I like a happy ending to a good story.

Boolit Buddy
    This is an old thread but very informative...I am planning on buying a 986 Pro (5") ...the prices seem to be locked at $1339?

My concern is 50 yard accuracy...anyone else have a 986 with good reviews. I prefer the L frame and the 7 shot is fine for "action pistol" competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12