Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scam call

Boolit Master

When i get scam calls I just say in a low voice It's done but there is blood every were and hang up
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    Guess what?? I (because I'm a valued customer who has stayed at one of their resorts in the past) qualify for a 3 day 2 night stay for free!!!! I'll bet YOU aren't special like I am. Also, because I (or someone in my household) has had chronic pain in the past, the "medical center" is offering a special deal just for ME!!! Woo HOO!!
    You must be my twin!
    I get them on my cell, my work cell, and my work desk phone!
    Ain't I special?

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Bump, Just got the phone call about fraudulent activity from the s.security office (lol) and to press 1 to speak too an agent.
    Shysters' are still out there men so be careful.

Boolit Master
    Got one. Usually get about 3 or 4 a day. Anyhow that time I hit the number to speak to a representative about an extended vehicle warranty. Sounded like a young'un in Pakistan or India. I asked him: "Do you really think that by now there is anyone left in the United States who does not know this is a complete scam?" Click.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a call from a guy that said he was CEO of Publishers Clearing House and he was calling to find out why I had not contacted them about my winning the $35 Million Sweepstakes, $7,000 a month and an a new Mercedes?
    I asked him to call back and then told him that our mailman had reported some mail stolen from his truck, maybe their letter was in that lot?
    Over the next few days he finally said that I needed to pay $2500 some state taxes to get the money released. Just take the money to Chase bank and deposit it in an account number.
    I told him I did and waited, He called back and said it never came thru. I professed wonder that Chase would **** over him and finally he gave me a name and address in New York to send the check. I reported to the CHase bank the account number they were using and never heard from them.
    Now all this time I had been reporting this scam to the Consumer Affairs filing a six reports of the scam as it developed, phone numbers and even the address of the drop.
    Never did I get a response and not even the FBI responded or the California Consumer Affairs, so I reported the mail fraud to the Postal Inspectors office. and Sent a note to the Address telling them to pack a toothbrush. Got the return receipt for the letter with no signature of who signed for the note.

I wrote my Congressman and and ask him to review the six reports by number I had sent to the friendly feds and got no response. He wrote back that he needed a signed fax authorization to get the reports from the feds.

I just let it drop there because I knew the Government had no interest in pursuing such a small crime that did not touch anyone of importance.
    If the crime does not get anyone's face on TV or in the headlines, you are on your own.

Boolit Master
    I believe I almost got sucked in just now.

My health insurance sends me text reminders on my phone, so I didn't get suspicious right away when I got a robocall, supposedly from them, asking if I'd signed up for Medicare (eligible soon, and I have also gotten legit emails from my insurance about the same). The robocall offered the option of getting called with more info. Today that call came, from somebody with a very strong south Asian accent who said his name was "Kevin", who, from the background chatter was clearly working in a boiler room and with a spoofed caller ID from a small coastal residential community close to my home that has, I believe, a single restaurant and no other businesses. He said he was with an insurance bureau and wanted to sell me supplemental insurance. I hung up on him.

ETA:

My insurance says it wasn't them. They did say they use "automated calling systems" for some member communications, but in the live call what I heard is not the script format representatives are required to follow.

Tricky S*Bs...
    Last edited by kevin c; 06-10-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Banned
    Sadly that is the truth an inlaw of ours lost 35 thousand in life savings to a scam nothing was ever brought to court.

Boolit Buddy
    Caller ID is your friend, if you don't have it, GET IT and don't answer an unknown caller, wait for their "message" and proceed accordingly. Even giving them 'grief' is a win for them, since they now have a sale-able piece of data. If it is a scammer and you answer, you LOSE!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Got the Social security scam today about the arrest warrant, Yada,yada,yada. Laughed as I hung up the phone. Do those stupid people, for want of a better word, so I don’t get a reprimand from the mods, really think anybody believes their bs?? Nice try, morons!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

I got the Social Security call yesterday. As usual, I let them talk until they got to the point of wanting some information. I cut them off and blocked that number. I have no doubt they will just try using another number. That is what the automobile warranty callers do.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    I got a call recently about a vacation trip I signed up for last year. The heavily accented voice asked me if I remembered it? I explained to him that in my old age I'm having great difficulty remembering things that didn't happen. Click.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Moderator Emeritus

I usually never answer a number I do not know or those "private" callers. For whatever reason I just happened to have picked up the phone without thinking and it was a private number. Turned out to be doctor's office. When I commented about the private number, yea they get that a lot and are not even allowed to leave a message. Duh.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    A stupid Question/s (Yeah, that might mean I am Stupid - But):

Why do we never hear of any States or the Federal Government making arrests associated with the Illegal Criminal acts?

Why do we never hear of any State or Federal (i.e. FCC) actions that resulted in one of these operations being detected and shut down?

(P.S. Just wrote the White House and asked the same Question and mentioned that the President, Justice Department, and FCC have the job in this area, organizations all ready in place to do something, and the funding - asked when they are going to take action.)
    We just had 1 such arrest locally. A pair of upstanding Florida residents who are here were/are running the "bail money/attorney" scam. One of our elderly called the sheriff and the set up a sting for the "couriers."

The popped the guy trying to collect payment and his driver. Of course in NY they were given the obligatory hugs, cookies and warm milk all bible study choir boys receive before being released without bail.

The latest one locally:

rochester-police-warn-of-text-scam-involving-pictures-of-violent-content
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

My SS call was an “officer” from some joint (IRS, SS & FBI) office. Theyall wanted a piece of me. The “Officer” had a distinctly Caribbean accent and a CT area code. I jerked her around for a while with questions about how I could become an FBI agent, why did they double my tax refund, where should I send the extra refund back to, how much she earned, a good recipe for jambalaya. She got really irritated. Started swearing so I forgave her. She hung up when I tried to report the neighbor’s backyard still. The wife overheard my side of conversation and the “officer” yelling. She said she never realized I had that effect on other women too.

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I received a phone call today from someone who called himself officer Gibbons. He said he was calling to tell me about a legal action being taken against my Social Security # and for more information call this number. I have no idea what the scam is or how it works but the area code for the # I was to call is in I Illinois. Anyone else got such a call?
    I get these all the time. Scam. plain and simple.
    If I am bored I will play along.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

I just won 5.5 million dollars.

Boolit Master

Yesterday Publishers Clearing House told me I won a new car and some money!
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123