Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss the topic of Roll Crimping lots to here need to get it all in one place.

BB: That is one fine looking gadget right there. I'd have to stay off Ebay for a whole week if I bought one of those. LOL Seriously, I'd have to go back to work to afford that press. It does make a nice crimp, I'll give it that. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    What do you think,can this be used for roll crimp only?

Here is a video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cm_VKYXRRNI
    Hello, you can use it for roll crimp and fold crimp. On the center you have the spool. One one side you have the pre crimper, on the other side the crimper. After crimping, in italy we usually pass the shell with a spool to make the shell lenght even and smooth .
    Petander, if you can afford it, get this one ....http://www.omv.it/mito/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyfromItaly View Post
    Hello, you can use it for roll crimp and fold crimp. On the center you have the spool. One one side you have the pre crimper, on the other side the crimper. After crimping, in italy we usually pass the shell with a spool to make the shell lenght even and smooth .
    Petander, if you can afford it, get this one ....http://www.omv.it/mito/
    Looking good! Luckily I can't figure out how/where to buy them.

I'm jumping into tungsten loads,it is a bankrupcy anyway.

Hello, OMV ships all over Europe. Elettric motor is 220 volts.

Boolit Master
    Hello, OMV ships all over Europe. Elettric motor is 220 volts.
    Must be the language barrier - I can't find any prices or "add to cart" or other shopping -options. Only brochures on that webpage.

Well there was email so I mailed them.
    Last edited by Petander; 12-13-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Nice looking Crimping Tool. If you were making lots of shells you could have someone do nothing but crimping. Assembly line style. It makes nice looking crimps. But,,,

So does my DL266, DL366, and SL900 and I can do 10 completed rounds a minute easily on the SL900 more if I really put my head down.

But it is definitely the "Ferrari" of Crimping tools. Italians do make nice looking stuff.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    So many good tools available everywhere...

Boolit Master

Oh, Lord! I can not look at that and keep from licking my lips! Complete, the four-station is $700 USD as US customers would not need to pay the value tax. That would be based on their $20 shipping fee. That probably be more. Heck if it was a 110 motor, I might sell a gun. I'm serious!

This is the first place I found it for sale: https://www.mygrashop.it/it/ricarica...ta_con_dosator
    You can get Google to translate the page. You guys on the other side of the globe are so far ahead of the US slug stuff!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Dog View Post
    Oh, Lord! I can not look at that and keep from licking my lips! Complete, the four-station is $700 USD as US customers would not need to pay the value tax. That would be based on their $20 shipping fee. That probably be more. Heck if it was a 110 motor, I might sell a gun. I'm serious!

This is the first place I found it for sale: https://www.mygrashop.it/it/ricarica...ta_con_dosator
    You can get Google to translate the page. You guys on the other side of the globe are so far ahead of the US slug stuff!
    Ranch Dog, other suppliers sell itbesides them, but you can buy direct from the manufacturer. He has a rotary machine that makes 350 shells and hour....both with new and used hulls. As that old beer commercial of the 80's .. If you got the the time we have the beer..... We say: if you have the game to shoot, we have the reloading machines.
    Last edited by TonyfromItaly; 12-13-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Boolit Master

Spool or Crimp Finisher?

After crimping, in italy we usually pass the shell with a spool to make the shell lenght even and smooth .
    Is "spool" simply another name for what GAEP calls a "crimp finisher" or is there a difference?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RMc View Post
    Is "spool" simply another name for what GAEP calls a "crimp finisher" or is there a difference?
    Yes they are the same. A final touch.

Dang,I keep thinking about this. All-in-one crimping station. I am not a volume reloader, this would be great for experimenting...

I never meant to start reloading shotgun ammo. I never meant to get a cat either,oh well...

Boolit Master

We say: if you have the game to shoot, we have the reloading machines.
    Yes sir, Tony, you sure do have the machines. I do think the MEC Slugger will do everything I need done and then I'm going to get on with some Texas Hog Fever. Honestly, I probably will kill one with a slug which will cause them to move to another feeder and there, I will kill the rest with BBs. Here is a perfect example of why that is so effective, flank them just a little bit and all three will drop DRT.

Michael

OK guys as I suspected the Italians are way ahead of us. I especially like the small 3 station crimper that hooks onto a Drill Press Spindle for the UP and Down motion...

Lots to know here and I think we are just getting started.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

As a side benefit you will not have a 2 legged feeder when you finish shooting.

BB

I'm having a hard time getting past this Italian crimp station. I can't see why I would NEED one but I sure do WANT one. LOL Gp

I have a Lee load all (had a micrometric bar made for it) and a Mec 600Jr. They work well,(the bushings do not work with the powders we have here) but i finish the shells on the drill press with a spool or roll crimper dedicated to fold crimping. This allows me to make the shell shorter if i want to improve burning on slow powders, or to improve performance on light loads.

You may have seen the high prices of such machines. True, but considering that we have a 22% sales tax, and other high taxes on income, social security, government health insurance.... you may understand the reason
    Last edited by TonyfromItaly; 12-14-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    As a side benefit you will not have a 2 legged feeder when you finish shooting.BB
    That's the why for using BB's over buckshot. Been there before. Heck, I've had a hunter drill a feeder leg with a 165-grain spire point out of a 308 Win and the feeder didn't even shake. Leg* is still good. Hit them with one ball of buckshot and its over.

* That feeder has been in service 27 years, never missed a day's feeding with only a battery replacement every three to four years. I'm going to retire it in January as the bottom has about had it. Just filled it for the last time.

Now to get me back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting past this Italian crimp station. I can't see why I would NEED one but I sure do WANT one. LOL Gp
    Dude, I'm going to be happy with the MEC Slugger, but I love machines like this. 110V and my charge card is toast.
    Michael

Boolit Master

I think the Lee Loader won't work with slugs. Might get there with a buckshot load with an overshot card on top of it, but I'd rather use a star for that. I used a Lee 1-ounce slug with a Lighting 078 pressure wad. Instead of powder, was using BPI filler to get the right component stack height. With the tools in the kit, it just isn't going to roll the sides down. This is the best example I have, and it is very sloppy.

Michael

Mike: no reason why a Lee Loader won't work for slugs using a roll crimper for the final operation. My 12 ga loader is an early version made before Lee Precision. see pic.

It has stuff that I have accumulated and added over the years, and has never produced even one good Fold Crimp, but adding the Roll Crimper makes it viable. I've got some ideas on a manual version of the Lyman/ BPI roll crimper. I think the Fold Crimp problem is the reason why Lee stopped making the kit. You wouldn't think it is that big a problem but apparently it is.

Randy

Boolit Master

Randy

If you have an old "Yankee Push Drill" that might have enough resistance to use with the Lyman roll crimp head, for a completely portable unit.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast