RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for a few prayers

Boolit Grand Master

Asking for a few prayers

For the past three weeks I have had pain in my leg - for the first week it was left leg and my chiropractor told me it was C4 pinched nerve. My wife taught me some stretches and I was doing one of them wrong, felt a quick, sharp knife like pain in my lower back, and the pain shifted to my right leg. Now it is probably still C4 but it causes a muscle in my buttock to tighten and cramp badly. The more I walk the worse the cramp. I have been controling this with Cyclobenzaprine and naproxin sodium. This barely makes it possible to walk. If I add Norco it blocks most of the pain.

I am seeing my PCP on Monday AM.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Wayne, I have a touch of back pain that I deal with. Not terrible, but I can identify with the pain you are experiencing. Back pain is some of the worst pain I have had. Only thing I think may be worse is a bad tooth ache. It is easier to live with a tooth ache than a back ache because with a back ache it is difficult to do anything or to even get comfortable. I will pray that the medicine will do you good, and that you will experience a supernatural touch from the Great Physician, and not need to take the medicine.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Wayne praying the Lord heal that quickly. You are on my daily prayer list

Praying. Deal with back pain daily so I understand how debilitating it can be. May the Lord heal you and give you a swift recovery.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm praying as of now Wayne . Prayer will be continued . Please give updates , I care for you .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

Strangely enough it's not really back pain that bothers me. I tend to be quite resistant to pain, when I have had an oral implant (latest is #6) I have my oral surgeon do it on a Friday afternoon (he is really good). I take one Norco when I get home and usually one to sleep that night and nothing after that.
    It is the muscle in my right buttock that tightens up until I am ready to scream when I walk that bothers me. My whole right side then tightens up. Not being able to move comfortably is what is making me miserable.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Master

Wayne
    I have prayed for you and your PCP!
    May God bless and heal!
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Praying for you to become pain free in short order.

I too am in constant pain from various sources.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

in Remebrance
    Wayne I am praying and will continue until you are free of pain. I know the path you are "walking" as I tread it every day Kinda thinking and praying about letting doc cut on me again, tho I don't recommend it for anyone. Trust the Great Physician, He will heal you. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Moderator Emeritus

Father please be with Wayne as he undergoes tests and treatment for his leg and back problems. Please remove any pain and allow him to walk with pain free care. Please clear his mind so that he can ask the right questions of his physicians so that he can pick the correct path to his cure. Finally, guide his physicians and allow them to find the correct path to Wayne's recovery. AMEN

Keep us posted about your progress.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Prayers sent.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Praying for relief and a fix for your back.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Prayers sent.

Been through the L4 & L5 thing twice. Some of the worse pain I've ever had to deal with.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent... Dale

Banned

Praying for you. I have worked on thousands of back injury cases. Radicular pain in one or both legs is most often Lumbar discs L 4-5 and L5 - S1. I had brutal pain for about a year. An orthopedic surgeon I referred a lot of patients to offered to do an MRI. I declined and told him if the MRI is clean I am not getting surgery and if it shows a 5mm disc herniation I am not getting surgery.
    Best way to deal with it is to walk 30 minutes a day.
    It hurt me to walk, but I built up to 30 mins.
    For a year, I was on the floor crawling, rolling out of my car in parking lots onto the asphalt and dragging myself up the side of the car, laying down on my back at Costco or in public and having people think there was an emergency. Could not sit or stand up straight most of the time, or clean up properly in the bathroom or get a good night's sleep, and the lack of sleep was often the final straw for my clients.
    I took it and continued to walk. That was 20 years ago. That was a long year.
    If it does not resolve, then find a great neurosurgeon, get the testing done, MRI, CT with contrast, nerve conduction test, trigger point injections, whatever. Herniated discs can resolve. Took me a year. I think I may have had a annular tear, not a bad one, in addition to a herniation or one or the other. I will never know.
    Now I limit lifting to 50 lbs and use my knees. Never twist your torso and lift a heavy object.
    Walk. The are also back excersises that increase core strength. Look online for back exercises. But again, walk.
    Last edited by jmort; 11-04-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Father, be with Wayne through this time, and ease his pain. Restore him to full function. Bless him and all who love him. In Jesus' name, amen.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

MRI says 'Severe central stenosis' and severe arthritis. I already knew the latter. PCP referred me to a neuro-surgeon. Meeting with him on the 17th to see what he interprets and offers. My Chiropractor gave me a back brace that is almost miraculous - it is keeping me walking straight and functioning.

This is in God's hands - my body is His to do with as He wants.
    Wayne the Shrink

Thanks for the update brother. Glad that the backbrace is working. Praying for a healing solution. God is good.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Will continue in prayer Wayne . Your back can sure give you heck on a daily basis . I'm glad you discovered the brace ,
    No turning back , No turning back !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast