MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for a few prayers

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Still have you in prayer Wayne. nothing can ruin your day like back pain.

Moderator Emeritus

Wayne, lots of us have been through all manner of back problems, and yes, it CAN be absolutely debilitating, not to mention de-motivating. God be with you. And BTW, when I was having mine, I was told by several people whose words I trust in matters of this sort, that neurosurgeons seemed to do the best back work, when it concerns nerves. That's the way it worked out for me, too, and I am SO grateful that I'm back to not too far from being pain free again!!! Hope your results are similar. They're really doing some great work in this are these days, and I think, most especially the neurosurgeons. God be with you.

You may be assured of my prayers.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master

Saw the neurosurgeon Monday AM. LOML and I went - he had the MRI and showed us the damage. The spinal column and spine were fine until you get to L4 and it suddenly narrowed to about a third or less of the normal size. More can be seen but that is what impressed me. I also have two vertebra that are misaligned and I am going to to a movement x-ray to make sure that is solid. Before I do any exercises he wants to be sure that doesn't move. Then physical therapy, but the only goal there is to strengthen the muscles that support the back - and that will not get to the point a back brace does? Ordered another back brace - and he was talking about shots as another temporary way to handle the pain, but the only true solution he offered was surgery - to stabilize the structure there and enlarge the nerve channel.

He is a nice guy, though.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Praying for your relief from pain and Divine healing. Hang in there brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Hoping for relief Wayne ...I share your pain .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    If you can find another way avoid surgery
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Hodrick I have had both those problems . Prayer sent for relief . Thank you for bringing your need here .

Boolit Grand Master

Now that this is back up I'll add my progress. I'm still wearing the back brace most of the time, but do all my exercises without it to maintain strength in my back muscles. I am mostly pain free and walk freely, but am limited to about a mile or two at a time without resting my back. Actually my knees may be as much of a limit there. I wear knee braces whenever we do any hiking, or walking on anything other than smooth and relatively level (everything around here is relatively level!) going. This support seems to be working well, I am able to do most of anything I need to do. This past year I ripsawed most of a red oak tree into firewood. This is a tree my neighbor cut down. I did this with my chain saw - so some heavy work. My back lets me know when I need to stop for a rest. I am satisfied at this level of functioning (I'm 68, so expect some limitations) and will maintain it as long as possible.

My neuro surgeon did tell me that when he did the surgery I'd be out of work for six weeks. I told him "Doc, I work sitting down" and he looked at me and said "six weeks!". I'd like to be fully retired before I do this, another year plus a couple of months.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I am going thru similar problems. I had XRAYS and i am getting bone scan Tuesday. I will trade prayers with you Wayne. There doesn't seem to be any pain like lower back pain, even a jab in the eye with a needle. I get that every six weeks.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Prayers for all you guys. Nothing worse than back pain. I've also had to learn to live with certain limitations and need to be reminded occasionally (like this past weekend).
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Hodrick I have had both those problems . Prayer sent for relief . Thank you for bringing your need here .
    He was a spammer.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    He was a spammer.
    I understand .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12