MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Produces the Keurig Coffee Pods?

Boolit Master
    I bought the K-Cups at Ollies for around $25 for 80. Nothing really great just coffee. I started using the refillable cups and bought some coffee at Aldi's, I picked whole beans by mistake. I think 12 oz. for $5 or so. The beans were shiny with oil and smelled great, decent coffee. I'm not a coffee snob but I do like it.

A good many years ago my Mother gave me a old coffee grinder so I dug it out, cleaned it up and started grinding. I do one spoonful at a time as I do about 3-4 cups a day. That was a while back and I still buy the beans, don't need to just enjoy doing it that way.

Been there, done that, was not impressed.

Last 2 years I grind my own blend fresh every morning. Run it through an aeropress.

(Think french press but without coffee sitting on the old grounds)
    Coffee blends vary by season. Favorites are Pedro's Pride and Mississippi Grog both from Amazon. Add a bit of whatever hazelnut is cheap and call it good. But that is just me.
    Small town country boy turned coffee snob.

I make 8 cups in morning. Drink 6 of the 8, wide usually get a cup. We have a large Keurig, and it died last month. Hadn't used it a lot, my daughter used it for tea a good bit. Called Keurig and they sent me a new one. So great. I usually use it about 2 or 3 times a week in the late afternoon for a hot drink. No issue with that small a use, but I'd never do 6 cups in morning thru it.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    I agree about Pablos Pride. Good stuff! I like dark roast. I used a 4 cup dripmaker, which fills my mug. I didn’t like running out of filters. Tried a keurig with the little refill cup, didn’t make it strong enough for me, & too much hassle. Tried going back to a small percolator, took too long. Back in Michigan I use a fast electric percolator. Here in Fl. I started using a French Press. No filter to buy, fast cleanup, and I can make cold brewed coffee in it. Filled to the line maxes out my mug. Happy camper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I bought the dual Keurig that has the K-cup on one side and a regular coffee maker on the other. Was perfect for my girlfriend and I as she hated my cheap Folgers and I refuse to pay for expensive coffee.

I also bought the refillable K-cup and it works fine for my two cups in the morning each day. I refill it with Folgers. I don't understand the problem with using them. You pop it out when it's done brewing, tap the old grounds into the garbage can, rinse for 3 seconds, re-fill, and you save 300% of your cost over regular K-cups. Not sure what to tell someone who thinks an additional 30 seconds between cups of coffee is not worth the huge cost savings.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Kuereg, an expresso maker, and an old school Mr Coffee. Use them all. The Kuereg gets the pods about half the time, grind my own beans and use the filter cups the other half.

Take the Kuereg to the camper for hunting season, just too convenient. Have a pour-over setup in the camper as well.

I am somewhat of a coffee snob, like it strong. For economy I like Bustelo, usually $3/lb at Walmart. It is good expresso type coffee.

Bottoms up!! Don

I use the refillable cups and Folgers coffee and it tastes fine to me. I dump the old and rinse the cup out and go. I'm probably getting a ton of germs but we used to go months just rinsing out a coffee cup while in the Navy, so my palate is most likely shot anyway.

Boolit Buddy
    I know this doesn't answer the original question but I drink my coffee black and absolutely love the Aldi brand instant coffee. The decaf is more flavorful but I usually drink the leaded stuff. As far as I know, you simply cannot beat the cost at $2.49 a jar that can last me for weeks, drinking at least 40oz of coffee a day.

Banned
    Frosty Boolit, you have got to have a cast iron stomach. The acid in that stuff would have me in the hospital. I like my coffee strong, and black but it must be low acid.

Who Produces the Keurig Coffee Pods?

Evil people.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

I am actually the ops manager for the company that produces the machine that makes KCups. We developed the entire system originally. These machines are vigorously tested and have well above 99.9 percent quality rate…. To pass a FAT involves an very rigorous testing ritual. Having said that there are other producers out there….
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RKJ View Post
    I use the refillable cups and Folgers coffee and it tastes fine to me. I dump the old and rinse the cup out and go. I'm probably getting a ton of germs but we used to go months just rinsing out a coffee cup while in the Navy, so my palate is most likely shot anyway.
    We have one of the refillable cups but when our first Keurig gave out, the replacement would not accept the "do-it-yourself" cups. Lots of protest online about that change. Did Keurig backtrack and redesign so they could be used?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

My Daughter wants and is getting one of the Keuric K-Duo , single serve & carafe coffee maker for Christmas . It says uses ground coffee or K Cup Pods , multi brew sizes , 60 oz. single serve , 12 cup glass carafe , pause and pour ! The box is 2' x 2' x 18" and heavy ... If all this thing does is make coffee ... it's way over built ... a coffee drip pot or my little Mr. Coffee will do me just fine .
    This things the size of a dishwasher ...All I can say is it better make the best cuppa Joe in the world .
    She's going to open her present Christmas morning and make coffee ... we shall see how much better it is than Mr. Coffee !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I’ve tried over 50 different brands, flavors, types of ground, etc coffees since my retirement and have yet to find one that I really like. I buy a 11-12 oz can or bag at a time, use it up and try another. Don’t like it strong or bitter, use s&l and international delight 0 sugar. I’m not a coffee snob as I seem to like the Dunkin Donuts flavors better than the others. I have repeated DD Turtle Love dark roast. Currently I’m finishing up a can of Don Francisco’s med roast. Nothing special. Also don’t do the starbucks thing.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 11-29-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Boolit Master
    Who spends a $1.00 for a k-cup? I pay about $0.35 for my coffee at Costco. Run and 8 and a 6 oz through one pod strong for my morning coffee.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by seetrout View Post
    If you look closely at the bottom of the walmart brand K-cups it says something to the effect of...any quality concerns should be addressed to ..... Green Mountain Coffee. Blah, blah...therefore Walmart K-cups must be re-branded green mountain.
    Not rebranded just made by on contract.

Boolit Master

Many customers refused to deal with Keurig after they tried to force us to only brew coffee with their logo. I'll never buy another Keurig brand machine. Some people cut the Keurig logo off a K-cup and glue it to the sensor. Presto! All are now brewable in a Keurig machine.
    Icoffee makes a nice machine and it lasts.

Boolit Buddy
    Peet's Major Dickason Dark Roast Coffee - is my "rocket fuel...."
    Think Who owns Peet's bought Keurig a few years ago, Green Mountain
    I use a metal reusable "basket" along with natural filters, grind my coffee
    sort of fine..makes great coffee

-Rock

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Many customers refused to deal with Keurig after they tried to force us to only brew coffee with their logo. I'll never buy another Keurig brand machine. Some people cut the Keurig logo off a K-cup and glue it to the sensor. Presto! All are now brewable in a Keurig machine.
    Icoffee makes a nice machine and it lasts.

Just Googled Icoffee. All say "Out of Stock" "Don't know when it will be available".

Our Keurig won't physically accept the do-it-yourself device. Must be one of the first machines that wouldn't. Doesn't bother me too much. I just have to keep SWMBO supplied with Tully's Italian Roast.
    John
    W.TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12