RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading UKADvertise here
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Ruger PC Carbine with some test data

Have you ever looked at an ejected non-fired round for damage? Or setback? Barrel could be bad, twist won't give results like you are seeing.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I did, but not closely or anything. The gun is on its way back to Ruger now.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

I think you have the wrong caliber if you are looking for great accuracy out to 100 yards. You might find sub sonic 125/147 gr bullets more accurate in the 9MM. The 9MM bullets for the most part are slightly more aero dynamic than a brick when transitioning from sonic to sub sonic. My Ruger will shoot 3" groups with my reloads IF I manage to fire all five rounds at the top of my game. I am no rifleman but that is about as good as I can do and not frequently. For self defense hitting a man sized target out to 100 yds would not be a problem for me. I can hit clay pidgins off a bench at 50 yards. Whether the carbine is capable do more would be an answer for a better shooter than I to answer.

If you are looking for a true tack driver I would think there are better rifle/caliber combinations out there.

A friends CZ 9MM Skorpion is more accurate than the Ruger but is a bit more spendier up here than the Ruger.

Both the CZ and Ruger up here come with 18"+ barrels to conform to our Laws.

Take Care

Bob
    PS the CZ Skorpion also comes in what you refer to as a pistol version.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]Je suis Charlie

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Thanks Bob. To clarify, I'm not planning to ever shoot it at 100 yards nor am I expecting this carbine to meet anyone's definition of a tack driver. I would be delighted with good accuracy out to 50 yards, hopefully it will be able to do that when it comes back. It's no special trick to shoot neat groups at 50 using .38 Specials in my Marlin 1894 or any round under the sun in any of my .22 rifles. I don't think this is unreasonable, and the fact that known good cast boolits were hitting all over the place tells me that something is wrong here.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Ferg I agree. I see you have a Marlin 1894. One of the last guns on my bucket lists to get. Every time I get close something else nudges it out. Before the bell tolls this kid is getting one. Looking at a M&P Compact with a 4.25" barrel right now then, who knows.

Good luck I hope Ruger comes through for you.

Take Care

Bob
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]Je suis Charlie

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Thanks bro. Hopefully, the Rugerlin 1894's will be available soon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456