RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't attach my photos

Boolit Mold

Evening, I’m unable to post replies, I understand this is not the correct area for this question but could not find the needed location to post it. When I attempt to reply to one of my posts, or in a different thread, the reply button is grayed out. When I attempt this on my IPad, everything works as it designed, but not on my IPhone, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TestClick image for larger version. 

Name:	53FBE8B4-EDEE-41BA-99EE-9A552879FFD5.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	308804

Boolit Mold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2192.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	309498

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by kenk View Post
    Evening, I’m unable to post replies, I understand this is not the correct area for this question but could not find the needed location to post it. When I attempt to reply to one of my posts, or in a different thread, the reply button is grayed out. When I attempt this on my IPad, everything works as it designed, but not on my IPhone, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you signed into the forum on both devices?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master
    No 1,
    As you may have noticed, I’ve launched a 32 Retinue Group on the Communities board. Thank you for providing this venue. However, we have a problem. When we attempt (as members) to post pictures like we do elsewhere on the site, nothing happens. Do we need a secret password or mystery handshake to make it happen there? Just as a FYI, I have been able to get as far as choosing the image from my files and showing it onscreen, but then have no way to get to the next step where it actually posts. Do I need to use an image hosting service for Groups? Any other special procedures? Thanks again for this opportunity and for whatever help you may be able to provide.
    Charlie Shaeff
    Green Frog
    "It aint easy being green!"

Cast Boolits Owner

I don’t know. I have never attempted to post a photo in those forums. Seems as if you should be able to. Is anyone else have issues posted photos in your forum?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    I have ran into some issues posting photos from various devices. 1) format- JPG seems to work the all around best, my my phone had some sort of odd format that i did not catch onto at first. A quick default change fixed that. 2) photo file size- Again my phone/Ipad were set to a very hi quality photo that created a large files that would bust the importable limits another change and all was good. There were some times where i had to do a screenshot and crop it in a photo editor to get the desired view to "flatten" out the picture for a smaller file size. Lastly was the space available i have already used here on the site. Occasionally i will go in and clear out some of the older or non useful pix to open up space. Mostly closed Swap & Sell ads are the culprit.

Boolit Mold
    TestClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2352-1 copy.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	312571

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I figured out how to post pictures when I was using a desktop PC. When I switched to an iPad, I couldn’t do it. When I did it the way I had by dragging and dropping, the entire page moved instead of the picture. I tried a number of times, but finally gave up.

I did the same thing you describe and now use an iPad. If you notice when you go to load it tells you he size of the photo's file, if it is over 2 megs, the program will not accept it, because it is too large to reduce, 9/10 I do not get a notice of why, it just does not load. Two ways I know to handle, 1) reduce the quality of the photo so the file is smaller or 2) Edit the edges of the photo to make the total area shown smaller until you get the photo itself to around 1.5 megs in size. This may cause a need to back away a bit so you enlarge the area to be cropped.
    Best of luck.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

ADMIN

I would highly recommend that if you are using a mobile device you use Tapatalk.
    It is much easier to upload photos.
    It will give you 3 choices of sizes. Original, Med, or small
    I always pick Med. It works 90% of the time.
    The 10% it doesn't work typically is because the photo isn't the correct format.

Name:	DJI_0096.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	322004

Boolit Mold

Name:	IMG_2581.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	324617

Boolit Buddy