Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Sizeing Q

Sizeing Q

I think I already know the answer to this one but I'll ask anyways. If I swage .410 bullets with thoroughly annealed jackets (9mm cases most likely). And run them through a lee type sizer for .400 caliber will I get core jacket separation? I don't have the swage dies yet but I soon will. the fodder that gets sized down will be run through a .400 corbon and those that remain .410 will go to my 41mag loving dad...or myself if I get a 41 Avenger barrel
    My firearms project blog

Super Moderator

................Even with really REALLY soft brass cases you might not get much springback (if any), but you won't get what you'd really want without running them up into a bump/expansion die, after going through the sizer. But you knew that, right?

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

So are you saying size them down under .400 then bumping them up to 400 so they are more uniform? I just picked up the 41 cal set because the price was right. I might just end up having to get a .40 cal set down the road.
    My firearms project blog

Super Moderator

[QUOTE=wonderwolf;414514]So are you saying size them down under .400 then bumping them up to 400 so they are more uniform? QUOTE]

..........Yup. More uniform in that they will ALL have cores in intimate contact with the jacket.

..........Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance