RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED: New Pointy 500 S&W Mag boolit

In Remembrance
    While I know you have no control over production time, would you care to take a swag at it?

In Remembrance

Added, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    Bump for some attention for a great boolit.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

In Remembrance

The only one who knows for sure is Miha. He hasn't given the HONCHOS a production schedule.
    I would bet that this one will some time after the first of the year. We need more orders to really get Miha's attention on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Whittler View Post
    While I know you have no control over production time, would you care to take a swag at it?

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    4 cavity brass GC w/handles.
    RunderscoreKARKatATTdotNET
    Thanks Duke.

Boolit Master

Almost forgot about this one LOL, ran across this post and got a little surge of adrenaline! I know it'll be a few months but I need to start looking into another bullet seater so I don't mar these beauties up. Will check with Lee first, otherwise I work next to a machine shop.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    You may not need one. Plenty of pointy j-words out there for the 500, like the Barnes XPBs. I guess it depends on what dies you're using though, of course.

Failing that, I've always just used a blob of JB weld and a spare stem to mold a perfectly fitted stem for unusual purposes.

In Remembrance

Added, thanks
    Can I get the zip code please??? That way we can supply you with tracking details, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYCUTTER View Post
    4 cavity brass GC w/handles.
    RunderscoreKARKatATTdotNET
    Thanks Duke.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Hey Duke, how many do we need to have to get this out of discussion and into the production Q?

In Remembrance

Because this is a solid boolit, there isn't really a minimum, per se.
    However, Miha has to decide when it becomes profitable to cut a cherry and mold blocks.
    So, when he has a place in production, I am sure he will move on this one. It's an awesome design.

Quote Originally Posted by readr1 View Post
    Hey Duke, how many do we need to have to get this out of discussion and into the production Q?

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Because this is a solid boolit, there isn't really a minimum, per se.
    However, Miha has to decide when it becomes profitable to cut a cherry and mold blocks.
    So, when he has a place in production, I am sure he will move on this one. It's an awesome design.
    Thanks, I am really looking forward to this one!

In Remembrance

I am also. We have a LOT of 500 Magnum lovers here.
    I can't believe that this one isn't hopping up and down with excitement from the others!

Quote Originally Posted by readr1 View Post
    Thanks, I am really looking forward to this one!

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Banned
    Look in your ancient sprial bound Lyman cast bollit book and you'll seem almost the same thing in 44 caliber

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I am also. We have a LOT of 500 Magnum lovers here.
    I can't believe that this one isn't hopping up and down with excitement from the others!
    Maybe there would be more orders if the payment method was expanded. Limited ways to pay result with limited orders, not everyone likes paypal or other limited options on orders. Just a thought.

That was the reason I decided not to order this mold. I don't care to use paypal. But that's just me.

Boolit Master
    You're dealing with a small manufacturer who is based out of the US and uses PP to keep his own costs low as well as transfer between currency types. Using a card processor probably similarly is more costly than the rate charged by PP, especially where exchange rates enter the picture.

While more options is never a bad thing, I doubt any option but paypal would be utilized particularly frequently due to the difficulties present. Nevermind the increased potential for mail to get lost moving across the pond for those still stuck on snail mail.

If it's about a moral objection to paypal... well, if we stopped using every product whose owner or company had expressed a thought that wasn't in lockstep with the 2A, we would be very limited on options indeed.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    No, I have no moral objection to paypal at all.Having been in the firearms retail business since 1981 when credit cards were still run on a manual inpression plate machine at the point of purchase, and having my own retail business since 1999 thru 2013, company website started in 2006, I am well versed in modern methods of transacting business via internet and other alternative methods. Regardless of others toting the safe and secure protections of paypal, I do not find paypal as secure as others with my information. Their track record comes nowhere near that of a m/c, or vsa systems. I myself would rather pay five dollars more and use a more secure system.

In Remembrance

I have asked Miha about alternative methods of paying his invoice. I never did get a reply. I donp't think it was for lack of options, I think he's just that busy.
    I haven't completely researched the PayPal payment system, but... I do believe that you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE a PayPal account to pay a PayPal invoice.
    Those invoices can be paid directly from your bank. Any on-line payment source that has sufficient funds in it. So, if you have a checking account, and your bank allows on line payments from that checking account, you are good to pay a PayPal invoice. And, unlike other payment methods, PayPal has a rock solid guarantee to keep you safe. They have to. Otherwise, thousands of customers would bail out. I have done hundreds and hundreds of PayPal transactions and never had one, not a single one, go bad on me.
    Our moderator for this area also suggested that the Honchos could act as collection points, and assume responsibility for getting payments to Miha. In other group buys, the honcho collects all the money, and releases it to the mold maker at the correct time. The current Miha system works so flawlessly that I would be reluctant to have to step in the way, and assume any responsibility for cash. I'm not even positive that Miha has a good way to keep track of honcho payments on behalf of other group buy members.
    I'll just say that Miha has made, shipped, and invoiced perhaps THOUSANDS of molds in this manner since the beginning. I am not aware of a single issue, either with PayPal, or any other aspect of the transaction for these molds. Just not sure how "risky" your fears are. Let me check with him again on the subject of PAYMENTS, and I'll report back.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Thanks Duke.
    My only risky issue was in Tucson, when three business friends and myself had our accounts hacked in 2007. I have not conducted business with PP since that time.

In Remembrance

OMG, PayPal has changed very DRAMATICALLY since then. If they hadn't really tightened up their security, they would have been out of business a LONG time ago. I would suggest that they are just about 100% safe to do business with these days. I would, of course, select a password that is pretty complex (combination of upper case, lower case, numbers, and most importantly, SYMBOLS). The longer the better. No one will hack any accounts these days.
    The only issues I ever hear about is people buying from dishonest sellers (who never had the product to sell, etc). But, even in those instances, PayPal has a very bullet proof policy of returning you your money, all of it!! Miha is a very HONEST manufacturer, and I'm 2,000+% confident doing PayPal business with him.

I can't tell you what to do, but missing out on this sort of wonderful mold because of an old 2007 issue is somewhat out of date on your part. You might read up on PayPal's current policies, etc:
    https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mp...yer-protection

PS: I do ALL of my on-line purchasing using PayPal. I have spent a lot of money through PayPal over the years. Never got hacked or scammed (be sure you are doing biz with a reputable firm). I especially like buying items from or through Amazon. Then, I know I have double protection on my purchases. I have not written a paper check in... well... I can't remember the last time I did. Still on my "starter check pack" from the bank.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    Can you remove me from this one. I bought the NOE mold.

In Remembrance

Understood,ok

Quote Originally Posted by evoevil View Post
    Can you remove me from this one. I bought the NOE mold.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast