Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: Who is king of the 32s?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32 S&W Long

24 9.68%
  • 32 H&R Mag

71 28.63%
  • 327 Federal Mag

80 32.26%
  • 32-20 WCF

61 24.60%
  • Other

15 6.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: King of the 32s?

Boolit Grand Master
    Got it, AKtinman! Having both com and net in the address messed with my head! You might want to edit it out of your post now.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    From the poll results posted as of this morning, it looks like a lot of people lean toward the 327 at nearly a third of all respondents, with the 32-20 and the H&R hovering right around a quarter. Interesting poll! Be sure to join us in the 32 Retinue if you are a true believer.
    Froggie

Boolit Master
    Just lucked out in finding a Ruger GP-100 4" stainless with two boxes of Federal AE 100 grain ammo for a decent price... Bought one when they first came out and sold it to a friend... Kinda missed the gun and when this one came up locally I grabbed it...

Boolit Man
    I always keep my eye out for a 6" .327 GP100 (I've actually never checked to see if they made one...) and a Beretta 81BB in .32ACP.

I think .32 must be the caliber for people who love a challenge. You can't find .327 anywhere (which is why I handload), and .32ACP is a pain to load and shoot with the tiny powder charges and disappearing brass.

But stil...I like it!

Boolit Grand Master
    If a serious reloader is also a caster, the only problem is finding sufficient primers and powder. Powder is used in such small doses it seems like a few pounds last forever. Primers have become the bane of reloaders' existence, but that's true regardless of your choice of caliber. Brass, once gathered up in fair amounts, seems to last forever. Of course 32 ACP is the exception... those little buggers seem to be genetically bred to escape and hide.

Back to the bullets, I hope to write a good long post showing the wide variety of bullet designs available out there. Friend Dale53 and I have succeeded in accumulating about a dozen or so different moulds so we should make a good showing. One that has eluded me so far is the long discontinued Lyman 314631. I was given a nice trial supply of them from a mould customized by beagle... it would have probably been better if he'd never showed them to me because I won't be happy now until I have one of my own. No matter how many 32 moulds I get there just always seems to be one more I "need".

Froggie

Boolit Master

Some 32 Discussion.

https://youtu.be/y1KqJTW_iZs
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I like the idea of the small light trail gun. Back in the mid 1980's I choose a SSM in 5 1/2", because I had a .22LR/Mag in 5 1/2". Same holster for both. Shot mainly the .32S&W Long as I didn't seem to need a magnum. S&WL would still knock over a bunny at 50ft. Don't have/want a Single Seven, Saw a guy at the range shoot one when they first came out. Seems there wasn't much room to load a .32cal cartridge in that 7 shot cylinder. If I were to get one today I'd still prefer a 6 shot. Too traditional and hidebound.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

.32 Aficianados! Geez Frog, sign me up, I love those little buggers. Hoping to acquire a Smith M-31 in the near or far future as well...Rod
    Rod

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I like the idea of the small light trail gun. Back in the mid 1980's I choose a SSM in 5 1/2", because I had a .22LR/Mag in 5 1/2". Same holster for both. Shot mainly the .32S&W Long as I didn't seem to need a magnum. S&WL would still knock over a bunny at 50ft. Don't have/want a Single Seven, Saw a guy at the range shoot one when they first came out. Seems there wasn't much room to load a .32cal cartridge in that 7 shot cylinder. If I were to get one today I'd still prefer a 6 shot. Too traditional and hidebound.
    I think a 4" SP-101 in .327 like the one I have would fill that bill well. You have the option to shoot low or high power loads as desired.

Boolit Master
    I have a 4 inch and a 6 inch GP100, I much prefer the 4 inch.

Boolit Master
    I wish Ruger would bring back the SSM in .32 H&R Mag.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    I wish Ruger would bring back the SSM in .32 H&R Mag.
    I agree, but I think they regard the Single Seven in 327 as the “new and improved” version, so that’s probably not likely. Never say never, but I really don’t expect it. One positive aspect is the bolt cuts for the SS 7 are staggered from the chambers, leaving them stronger, but from what I’ve heard, the alignment for loading and unloading took a hit.

Froggie

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213