Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I like my 6000 Lbs. wheelbarrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheelbarrowe.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	221730
    A nice looking tractor, but that loader shouldn't be raised too high. A row crop front end with a loader will tip over VERY easily. We had one on a Massey-Harris. It didn't stay on there very long. That said, they sure are handy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    always have your implement directly behind you ... the tractor can not flip backwards over the implement.
    good point about the use of an implement as an anti-rotation device. i pulled many logs with chain hooked on the frame of a two bottom plow that was 3 point mounted. if they snagged the front would come up just enuf to force the plow into the ground, stopping the rotation long enuf for me to clutch. learned this pulling stumps with the 640.

the sway bars used in 3 point implements are designed to stabilize load center, which is important on PTO driven stuff. in snow country you will use an 8' back blade, which is also good for grading gravel driveways. don't make the mistake of trying to run a mower bigger than 5 feet on a 9n PTO.
    keep your shifter boot in good shape to keep water out of your hydro/trans reservoir oil. these are the same oil in ford utility tractors.

Quote Originally Posted by fast ronnie View Post
    A nice looking tractor, but that loader shouldn't be raised too high. A row crop front end with a loader will tip over VERY easily. We had one on a Massey-Harris. It didn't stay on there very long. That said, they sure are handy.
    I've been driving tricycle tractor with a Horn/New Idea loader on it since 1963, haven't rolled one yet.

But I did watch my uncle roll an Oliver 770 with a Horn loader once, he stepped spritely off the back as it rolled and we watched it roll down and embankment. It came to rest on it's side. Being the kid (pushing 30) I got to walk up to the house to get the 4020 to roll it back on it's wheels. Loader was high enough that it protected the sheet metal, just knocked off the muffler. topped off the radiator and the battery and it started right up. That tractor was still running last year. With a bent muffler.

Boolit Buddy
    as others have said GET A LOADER and get a diesel. Diesels in general last longer and don't bog as easily as a gas rig when you hit a thick patch of grass or similar
    Also, anything under 40hp needs to be 4wd or you end up getting light in the rear and can't move with any weight to speak of. This goes regardless of brand

I have a Yanmar 2210D that until recently was pretty much unstoppable. Most older Yanmars are really simple commercial machines, built for rice paddies across the pond, and all the ones over here are "grey market" rigs. Up until recently, Yanmar made all the smaller Deere diesel tractors and most of the engines used in Deere tractors.
    Put mine in low and pulled a 13k# backhoe that had died. Not too bad for a 22hp tractor that weights about 2200#
    Last edited by lksmith; 04-13-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Boolit Master
    I like Kubota ...... a lot! They are the top of the heap in small and mid-sized Diesel 4x4s.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I like Kubota ...... a lot! They are the top of the heap in small and mid-sized Diesel 4x4s.

Three44s
    +2, I have the L-3901

Boolit Master

When we went from mules to a Ford-Ferguson, it was a major jump, and going from the Ford-Ferguson to the 8n was another jump. We don't use any of those today for a reason.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123