Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: What is in. your b.o.b?

What is in. your b.o.b?

I am rethinking my survival gear. I wanted to know what others thought.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Master
    I feel its not a one size fits all set up. If it was a work bug out bag to get home to family it would be different then the b.o.b I have set up at the house.

This should be an interesting thread. I will add more after some coffee.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    I live at my BOL. No plans to leave. I am 5 miles from a paved road in a sparsely inhabited area and plan to help my neighbors ward off any looters near their homes. Mine is the last home on the road and would be the fall back location if things got really bad. Most people within 7 miles are tied together with strong family ties. Most hunt. Everyone I know has weapons. There will be easier targets than this community once we band together....and we will. Lots of places to set up ambushes.

Mine is more of an assault bag. Water, water filter, poop paper (but considering some Depends), protein bars, compass, knife, and heavy on ammunition. Would change if planning to spend the night in field but there will be homes within two miles to rest at.

At my age, weight and size is paramount.
    Don Verna

Banned
    What's in my B.O.B.?

Three hundred dollars in cash, a credit card and a cell phone with an app to find the nearest bar.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    What's in my B.O.B.?

Three hundred dollars in cash, a credit card and a cell phone with an app to find the nearest bar.
    No booz at home?
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I just raped my bag, all the good stuff is going into the new R-pod 189 we just bought.

Tired of waiting for the end of the world as we know it. I'm going LOOKING for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    No booz at home?
    If I was at home I wouldn't need a B.O.B.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ghosthawk

Would love to hear about your RV after you have used it a bit
    Don Verna

Can you tell about using your trailer?
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

I have put my bag together.

1 box wooden matches.
    Fire starting materials.
    Compass military grade
    Cordage
    Mess kit Swedish
    Multi tool
    Small axe
    Snares and wire
    Bags of nuts
    6 mre

Thinking about 2nd bag now.
    Last edited by Ivantherussian03; 01-03-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

I added duct tape, and tarp.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I just raped my bag, all the good stuff is going into the new R-pod 189 we just bought.

Tired of waiting for the end of the world as we know it. I'm going LOOKING for it.

Very nice. Is there enough room in there without having to slide out the galley? With what are you pulling it?

I can sneak by galley to get to bed or bath. Momma can't.

2112 Jeep Cherokee with factory tow package had some 90,000 miles on it.

We spent 6 weeks in it near Hot Springs Ark in the fall. Another 6 weeks in New Orleans visiting 91 yr ol aunt. No real problems either trip.

I would not bug out by choice. but both my cars are well equipped at all times.

Boolit Buddy
    Something I learned the hard way . There are different bags for different situations. 1) is for 72-96 hours 2) is called a refuge bag because it has everything I need to be a refugee somewhere else because u ain’t going home... learn the difference and your packing will be easier

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by beechbum444 View Post
    Something I learned the hard way . There are different bags for different situations. 1) is for 72-96 hours 2) is called a refuge bag because it has everything I need to be a refugee somewhere else because u ain’t going home... learn the difference and your packing will be easier
    good advice right here..

though I would bring this thread back to life.. as I have been thinking about some bags for mine and the wife's daily drivers just in case.. had my battery die on me last month and it reminded me that if I didn't have cell service and got a jump it could have been a long night..
    What I hand-load; .380acp; 9mm/9mmR; 38/357mag; 45acp;
    223rem(5.56mm); 22-250rem; 243win; 6.5 Grendel; 270 win; 30-30win; 308win; 45-70gov.

on the list to start Loading; 30-06 springfield; 222 rem; 6.5x55 swedish

"You might be a gun nut if you load 45-70 on a progressive press" -HICKOK45<- was he talking about me!?!

---
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    _________________ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderator Emeritus

I keep a backpack with essentials in case of a breakdown. It is not really a bug out but more of a safety. It has a toilet paper can heater, first aid, fire, lighting, protein bars, water purifier, light, etc. I also keep spare clothing in a vacuum sealed type bag with a change of shoes (sneakers) and a portable battery pack for jumping the vehicle or charging phones. Good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    I am not bugging out of my home, I will defend from here, my alamo. So if anyone actually has a BOB, where do you think you would go and have a chance to survive for more than a few weeks?? and let's just say it is winter...
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by remy3424 View Post
    I am not bugging out of my home, I will defend from here, my alamo. So if anyone actually has a BOB, where do you think you would go and have a chance to survive for more than a few weeks?? and let's just say it is winter...
    City folks think they need to get out, but they will not be welcomed anywhere if the SHTF. They cannot carry enough supplies to be wanted anywhere, but enough to be victims. Cash, silver, food, ammunition are what they will be supplying to others. All the other stuff is not worth stealing....how many compasses, knives, cook kits does a predator need?

Without a BOL, they are delaying death. And the BOL needs stuff. A small group will not last long even if they make it to their BOL unless they have spent years getting to know the locals, and they may be attacked anyway.

“Outsiders” harvesting game will not be welcomed. Outsiders who bring in more outsiders will be resented.
    Don Verna

Winter survival bag in the car is and has been "normal" for my entire life here in the Water Winter Wonderland. That is about staying warm and not starving until help can arrive, along with a few minor repair items. Back when I smoked there was a can of top tobacco in it. No desire to be stuck in a ditch half way home having expected to be getting a pack of cigarettes at the gas station near my house after a half hour of driving. Some few additional items added for any sort of emergency that involves civil disorder or other highly abnormal circumstances. As well as things I think are normal. First aid for example. Some food for the dog and a dish for water. Toilet paper.

I do figure my car kit should allow me to hunker down in bad weather or for any reason for at least a couple of days. In a pinch provide me a means to get home in good shape if I couldn't drive and had to walk. Wouldn't take that much to tie up all the roads between my house and work into a 45 mile parking lot. It would take a lot to make me decide I needed to walk that rather than sit tight and let things clear up. Worth having a couple extra MRE's in there so I can just sit in the car and wait.

I think refugee bag is next on list. I like that term for it. Heading to stay with family or friends due to some natural disaster what is needed? What if it was a shelter someplace. Say bad winter storm and travel is restricted, power is out, out of fuel for generator, and auxiliary heat sources. Might happen if there were repeated storms that took out power and then were again present when I had to leave. Might want some different stuff in that case.

While I am capable of some wilderness survival, having camped in snow caves and lean-to shelters in weather that was in he single digits I can't see myself going far like that. Wife has no experience at it. Neither one of us is as young as we were back when we would go back packing and canoe camping. Which means anything beyond vehicle travel to safer location is not in the cards without some weird outlandish situation. Not going to carry much or go far hiking. Smart money is on best to keep gear to a bare minimum so we don't overtax ourselves. Better to hike on short rations than have a pile of MRE's and a back so jacked up from the weight that I can't walk. Sure not going to walk about with a full pack of winter survival gear. I might travel with that gear but I'm not hiking with it.

Staying home. Yep me I'm staying home. I have gear, supplies, neighbors and when one considers the most likely disaster scenario it would be extended power outage with bad weather or tornado. First one I stay because I'm prepared for that. Might want to ship wife off to family or friends if they were not impacted by the same situation. Second one I stay because looters and making repairs require my being here. Again wife might head out to area unaffected by tornado.

I won't run out of stove fuel or heat for a good while. Food will last for a good bit. Looters will not find this an easy area to work in. Nice that two neighbors have backhoe so looter disposal is relatively simple unless the ground is frozen really solid.

I am absolutely not taking any reloading gear anyplace. I would take loaded ammo which I try to keep in stock in sufficient quantity for pretty much any scenario I can imagine. Not as far out as Don maybe but certainly not real densely populated either. Some decent hunting although if the area was hunting for sustenance game would get scarce very fast. There are a lot of deer, until you start thinking every household around is eating them as a primary food source.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Contents of my B. O. P. (Bug out pockets).

Flashlight.
    $400
    Buck folder
    Phone
    43x w/ shield mag.
    This should get me to my bugout location which is my home.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.