MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: A.C.E 740 gr load data

Boolit Man

A.C.E 740 gr load data

Looking for load data for A.C.E. 740 gr using 23/4" hulls. Thinking about using Rio 23/4", with a BW .725" tall wad, about 30gr of Blue Dot with an over shot card, and a roll crimp.
    Anyone have experience with this A.C.E slug?

I don't have experience with that slug but I have shot a lot of full bore cast slugs in the weight range with blue dot. I would think that charge of blue dot will be fairly mild with a 740g slug. I assume you are shooting a modern rifled slug gun.

BB

Boolit Man
    I am shooting an 870 or bolt gun. 30 gr of Blue Dot is a light load? How much do you use with a 740gr slug? What about the other components?

Lee,

Alliant's loads for 1 7/8 oz. shot loads use 37 to over 40 grains of blue dot. I personally have shot 12ga slugs that heavy with over 40 grains of blue dot in a H&R USH. The USH has a very heavy barrel. I have a fairly lightweight autoloader with a hastings rifled barrel and a 575g fullbore slug over 40g of blue dot is a handfull.

Components, x12x gas seal, nitro cards for wad column height and a roll crimp. I googled your mold and it appears to be a hollow base design. Depending on alloy type and whether or not you heat treat you may have issues with the slug skirt collapsing unevenly. Some fill the HB cavity with light weight material to prevent this. I prefer to heat treat the slug.

BB