Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.5 Swiss w/ Lee C312-155-2R

Smile

Possibly. I have to seat normal .308" bullets so that the tapered ogive begins almost right at the case mouth. I think it could be a replacement barrel, as the action has been reblued. (You can tell by bluing on the bottom of the tang.) The machining marks are still present in the throat.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=have maybe a touch more throat erosion than yours?

Bill[/QUOTE]

On my '46' K31 I can seat bullets .125 farther out than on my '53' K31. So i guess the '46' was shot more and has more throat erosion. Both rifles slug out at .297 X .307.

Charlie

Well proud as punch I was today. I had 20 312155 Lee bullets sized to .311 and off I went. Never shot the K 31 before so today was going to be a great day. WRONG! Now I know why I used to have my boss telll me to pay attention to details! Needless to say all my cartridges were to long. I even made up a dummy round to test but the real dummy was doing the testing and I wasn't closing the bolt all the way forward. Well the bullets are now seated properly and I now have 20 rds that will chamber.

OAL is 2.60". 16 gr 2400. Tomorrow we shall see if I can match some of the above efforts at 50 yards.

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 02-07-2009 at 02:01 AM.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

.30-.284

Primersp - when the first batch of 1911 Swiss rifles came into the US back around 1966 I bought a short rifle, a long rifle, and a Cadet single-shot rifle. None cost me more than $35, since there was no ammo available. But we found that the .284 Win case would size easily to fit. It was sort of a small joke - hey, let's make a .30 - .284 wildcat cartridge! Oops, already been done - its called the .30 Swiss.
    When the K31 rifles came in they were rare, going for about $250 in 1988. I bought one, then bought another in 2004 for $150. All of them are fine shooters with cast bullets.
    Only problem I had with any of them is that the Cadet rifle wants the case trimmed about a mllimeter, all the others will accept the .30-.284 case as it comes out of the RCBS sizing die.
    So your wildcat is legal in France, but not the military cartridge, I take it?

Boolit Buddy

I use the LEE 309200GC with WC860 & a mag primer. Chambers fine & burns remarkably clean. I fill the case & no fillers. Boolits are sized to .309. My K31 seems to like them just fine.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply and my english (i'm french)
    K31 owner and newb to the reloading , i'm experiencing my first reloaded cartridge , bought some LEE C312-255-2R already cast
    took a stick and measure the maximum COL with this bullet

WAS 67mm/2.6378 inch

*** , is it very short , with an safety OAL of 66mm the cartridge is excessively short

the gas check is very deep inside the cartridge , is it normal for you ? what is you OAL with this bullet please ?

many thanks !

Is this a zombie thread?
    I ran into short throat issues when loading for a K31 years ago. Seat bullet as far out as you can- and still chambers. It all depends on where the ogive on the bullet ends up.
    The gas check down below the neck is a non issue in my experience.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Allright ! many thanks , i will continue this way and fire the first cartridge with a string :d

Boolit Buddy
    When I first shot my K31 I loaded up flat point boolits meant for the .30-30 only to find they wouldn't feed. I checked one for fit in the chamber but I didn't try loading it from the mag. I had to single load them but the accuracy was very good.

Tony
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

Boolit Bub
    Dang nabbit, now I have drag out my K31 and put some loads together. Every time I go on here I start another quest..

If you can get them in France, the Hornady 150gr spire point works well in the K31.
    Try as I might, none of my loads matched the G11 surplus ammo in accuracy, though.
    By the way, Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I use 180 gr Lee .309 round nose on top of 25 grains on 5744/ LovexD060. Works fine at short ranges and fits in with the ranges ~1500 ft-lb energy limit.

In France you might be able to get the 174 grain 30 cal PPU FMJ bullets, which are meant to be really good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12