Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home made Pizza dough recipe ...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    If you have diabetes like I have, you need to keep the carbs down.
    The way I do that is I use tortillas for the crust. You still get the great taste of pizza with far less carbohydrates.
    But, if you don't have diabetes, enjoy this great recipe.
    As a diabetic myself I can tell you tortilla's have lots of carbs, perhaps not as many as pizza crust. This recipe makes a great crust and while it might not be quite the same as regular pizza crust it is pretty close:

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

Bread machine on dough cycle

1 cup Beer
    1 Tbsp Shortening
    1 Tbsp Sugar
    1 Tsp Salt
    2 3/4 Cups Flour
    1 1/4 Tsp Yeast

I set my gas oven to 475 F on convection.
    loading 22 Hornet, 218 Bee, 223 Rem, 22-250, 220 Swift, 6MM Rem, 6.5X55, 7X57, 7-30 Waters, 30-06 , 32-20 Win, 303 British, 38/357 , 12 and 20 gauge

Boolit Master
    One cup of plain yogurt and enough self rising flour to make a good dough.

Boolit Master
    OK, I gotta ask. How does this pizza dough take to being frozen?
    I like to make a pizza during the cooler months, weekly, and have used store bought dough in the past. Not bread dough, supposedly, but labeled as pizza dough.
    Rather than make it every week I'd like to make up enough for say 4-6 pies and freeze what I'm not using.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Banned
    Nice!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Alternative for lower carb(and my hands down favorite crust) https://www.pizzamaking.com/pizzainnstyle.php thin cracker style crust.
    what is sheeted? and what is a cutter pan mary? I like a thin crust pizza but never found a way to do it and am interested.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    what is sheeted? and what is a cutter pan mary? I like a thin crust pizza but never found a way to do it and am interested.

Sheeted is using a rolling machine to thin it. I use a rolling pin and arm muscle... it is a VERY stiff dough and a workout to get it thin. A cutter pan has a lip that cuts the dough to make a perfect round pizza. Drape dough over pan and use a rolling pin to trim excess. I skip that step an just do a free form pizza by rolling it to 1/16th inch thick then squeezing the edge to form a rim to keep sauce and topping on. I work on parchment paper that makes it super easy to transfer to my pizza stone which is 3/4 inch thick commercial grade. Those thin round stones are more for presentation, they do not have enough thickness to flash cook the crust in a 550 degree oven.

This crust is called a cracker crust because of the bubbles that form in it(like a saltine). If you ever ate at a Pizza Inn that is the crust they served. Key is the counter top ferment for 24 hours. It adds a LOT of flavor and gives the flour time to absorb the little bit of water that is in this crust. When mixed and formed into a ball it is going to look dry and crumbly but by the next day it gets smooth and glossy like a good dough should. This is my go to pizza dough! I have frozen excess and it is okay...not as good as fresh but a shortcut for busy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Czech_too View Post
    [ I gotta ask. How does this pizza dough take to being frozen?
    ]
    It might depend on the yeast, but several different kinds of bread are sold in the freezer section
    that you thaw out in the refrigerator, then set out to let rise.

I've gotten some from Sam's Club that come frozen and look like a big raw hamburger bun.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Sheeted is using a rolling machine to thin it. I use a rolling pin and arm muscle... it is a VERY stiff dough and a workout to get it thin. A cutter pan has a lip that cuts the dough to make a perfect round pizza. Drape dough over pan and use a rolling pin to trim excess. I skip that step an just do a free form pizza by rolling it to 1/16th inch thick then squeezing the edge to form a rim to keep sauce and topping on. I work on parchment paper that makes it super easy to transfer to my pizza stone which is 3/4 inch thick commercial grade. Those thin round stones are more for presentation, they do not have enough thickness to flash cook the crust in a 550 degree oven.

This crust is called a cracker crust because of the bubbles that form in it(like a saltine). If you ever ate at a Pizza Inn that is the crust they served. Key is the counter top ferment for 24 hours. It adds a LOT of flavor and gives the flour time to absorb the little bit of water that is in this crust. When mixed and formed into a ball it is going to look dry and crumbly but by the next day it gets smooth and glossy like a good dough should. This is my go to pizza dough! I have frozen excess and it is okay...not as good as fresh but a shortcut for busy days.
    thanks mary. I love a crust like that and will have to try it.

Guests tell me that I make the best pizza they ever had. I use the Americas Test Kitchen long fermentation dough. I can post it here but you can also find it online with a search. I put the dough in the BBQ refrigerator in the shop where no hands are opening the door every few minutes to see if anything has changed in the last 10 minutes. The temp' hovers near 32°. It's a 3 day dough but I've kept it up to 2 weeks and the flavor just gets better.

But their Detroit style pizza is pretty good too.

Unfortunately I'm in ketosis and carbs are a no-no for me now. I miss my pizza more than I can possibly express. I make a pizza bowl now and then but without that long fermentation dough flavor it just isn't the same.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    An excessive amount of "carbs" means different things to different people ...

And a "Six-Pack" means different things to different people ... Awesome Six-Pack !!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned
    Nom, nom, nom!

Boolit Buddy
    Your oven isn't hot enough. The correct temperature is the maximum for cooking pizza. Give it a try. Better texture. Better flavor.

Looks like a good dough though. Similar to how I make it.

Boolit Mold
    FOCACCIA

(foe-CAT-cha) is a flat oven-baked Italian bread, which may be topped with onions, herbs or other foodstuffs, related to pizza.

Ingredients:
    1 cup water (80 degrees)
    3 tablespoons butter (melted)
    1/2 cup milk (80 degrees)
    3 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 cups bread flour
    2 teaspoon bread machine fast rise yeast

Directions:

Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order listed. Run on dough cycle.

Place dough onto floured surfaces. Let rest 15 minutes. Knead dough about 1 minute. Roll dough to make 2 thin crusts. Place on greased pans and press dough evenly, forming an edge. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 20 to 30 minutes until slightly risen.

Ingredients (part 2):
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    2 teaspoons rosemary leaves
    1 teaspoon garlic salt -- or to taste

Brush dough with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, rosemary leaves and garlic salt. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 7 minutes or until nicely browned.

Boolit Master

That Pizza with the rotted olives is good for my low carb diet for my diabetes. That is because I dump it in the trash! Rotted olives yuckh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12