Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 64 of 363 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 7253

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Files are up. I even generated the hex plates. I have never printed a hex plate so use at your own risk. It should fit the adapters that were posted.

Thanks Tyler!

Crazy question for anybody. With Tylers new design, is there a way to mount it to the side of a Dillon Case feeder? I have a few Dillon presses and a bullet feeder mounted to one would be a plus. I'm also gonna browse this thread again and see if someone has an option. Might be super simple and I missed it.

Thanks Gents

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Files are up. I even generated the hex plates. I have never printed a hex plate so use at your own risk. It should fit the adapters that were posted.
    WOW, thats a micro bevel on the bottom of those plates. Thanks a million

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Tyler, thanks for everything you have done for us. Where exactly are the files? I know you posted a Google Drive link before but I don't remember which page it is on in this thread.

FYI
    The new sized flipper plates fit like a glove. Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    Hi Tyler, thanks for everything you have done for us. Where exactly are the files? I know you posted a Google Drive link before but I don't remember which page it is on in this thread.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...y0qvUSP9B4MwvV

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Thanks Tyler!

Crazy question for anybody. With Tylers new design, is there a way to mount it to the side of a Dillon Case feeder? I have a few Dillon presses and a bullet feeder mounted to one would be a plus. I'm also gonna browse this thread again and see if someone has an option. Might be super simple and I missed it.

Thanks Gents
    The original AM files had a mount for that. I didn't recreate it because it wasn't what I needed, but I could modify my mount easily to hang off the side of the dillon feeder. Give me a day or two and I'll get something going.

Boolit Bub
    The original AM files had a mount for that. I didn't recreate it because it wasn't what I needed, but I could modify my mount easily to hang off the side of the dillon feeder. Give me a day or two and I'll get something going.
    i will like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gnafin View Post
    i will like that as well.
    In thinking about it the hard part is creating a mount that will allow you to hang off the side but also easily adjust the angle. I have some ideas.

In thinking about it the hard part is creating a mount that will allow you to hang off the side but also easily adjust the angle. I have some ideas.

Love it! The mad scientist at work! Thanks buddy

jmorris and I were talking about mounts a while back, and he wasn't real thrilled with 3D printed ones. Least not made of PLA. I even had some trouble with my down tube holding up (maybe I'm too rough with things). Anyway, that's why I mounted aluminum under my base plate. Add a 100 bullets and that's a lot of weight. I only want to set it all up once. Maybe some of the other plastics make better stronger mounts......?

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    jmorris and I were talking about mounts a while back, and he wasn't real thrilled with 3D printed ones. Least not made of PLA. I even had some trouble with my down tube holding up (maybe I'm too rough with things). Anyway, that's why I mounted aluminum under my base plate. Add a 100 bullets and that's a lot of weight. I only want to set it all up once. Maybe some of the other plastics make better stronger mounts......?

I think I may also go this route in the future. I want to give the side mount a try first.

GWS. Have you perfected that proximity sensor mount yet? I have a sensor arriving today and would love to give it a try if it’s available

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I designed mine to be very beefy, printed it with pla+ 6 walls and 50% infill and it has held up very well. I agree though the mount is a potential week point if not done right.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I think I may also go this route in the future. I want to give the side mount a try first.

GWS. Have you perfected that proximity sensor mount yet? I have a sensor arriving today and would love to give it a try if it’s available
    Yes....I was going to mount the feeder first, but that's going to take some time since I'm doing all metal and on a rail. Planning to get my materials today, but guess I ought to just do a quick video with a temporary so you all can see the thing working. Will do that today too.

Just one problem......I don't have a way to publish the STL files except email or thingiverse. I can email you and Tyler with them if you want them (pm me if you want that). Tyler's also welcome to add them to his stash if he thinks they are worth adding, but would have to email him too. The cad files are Autocad's .dwg file format. I doubt he can convert them be able to play with them on OpenScad. I just haven't made time to learn Openscad yet. Another option is to email them to RedlegEd.....since I have his email.....and he has Tylers' I'll do that anyway...he's been following silently this latest surge of thread activity.

So who wants to be the one to test this dillon mount? I have not printed or tested it.
    It is designed to hang off the side of the dillon case feed and allow rotation to get the correct angle. Uses a 3/8" x 1" bolt, washer, and lock nut to connect the two parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mount_Dillon.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	269025

Boolit Man
    So who wants to be the one to test this dillon mount? I have not printed or tested it.
    It is designed to hang off the side of the dillon case feed and allow rotation to get the correct angle. Uses a 3/8" x 1" bolt, washer, and lock nut to connect the two parts.

I wouldn't mind trying it but do not have my press yet, it'll be arriving next week or the week after hopefully. I am of course using PETG instead of PLA so may not be apples to apples with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil131 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying it but do not have my press yet, it'll be arriving next week or the week after hopefully. I am of course using PETG instead of PLA so may not be apples to apples with everyone else.
    I am going to print a small piece of the part that actually fits over the press case feeder to make sure it is close. I want it to fit but not be too loose.

Boolit Man
    I am going to print a small piece of the part that actually fits over the press case feeder to make sure it is close. I want it to fit but not be too loose.
    Sounds good, I don't mind printing and trying it out, just can't give it a real test until my press has arrived and I at least have my case feeder body to attach it to.

I’d be happy to test it! Might be a few days before I get to it however as both printers are being used. Tell me how to get to the files. Looks awesome

Boolit Man
    Just let me know where to download it from and as soon as my 6hr print is done I'll print it.