RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Thank you again for all your testing. I do not use the caliber and cannot test, so the community owes you for all your hard work!
    Not hard work, puttering. You have done all the hard work. The least we mere mortals can and should help where we can.

Here in NW New Mexico it snowed 4 inches last night. So looks like I'll be getting my survival exercise in today, shoveling snow. Just thankful it's not 2 feet like it used to be before the coal fired power plant went in. That "global warming" was a Godsend to us. Made an inversion surrounding us, that protects us from the heavy snows.

Boolit Mold
    Maybe I will post a video later because much to my surprise when I connect the big motor it isn't a bit of noise its constant and sounds terrible. The motor doesn't run either. Maybe I have a bad motor. I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Are you asking about the relay noise? Those are mechanical relay's so some noise is expected. Rated for 40A so will handle any motor you throw at it.

Below, the 4 bullets that work so far in Tyler's 6mm rifle feeder die:

Speer 105, Hornady 100, Sierra 85, Speer 75 left to right

The proof.....each bullet dropped, all with ball bearings in the center holes. Bullet stack makes a difference....as I explain below the video.

Important: In the video you will notice that the last bullet, the smallest and a flat base didn't stick in the chamfered-only case neck. The fact is, the last bullet in the tube has no weight above it to push on it.....and it was the lightest bullet to boot. This is a good argument for Lyman "M" style neck expanders, which if I had gone to the trouble to neck expand with such a die for this testing (which I use exclusively now days), the last bullet would have stuck perpendicular and not tipped over. Noe might be the only source of such a die in this caliber.....will be ordering one.

I was wrong...Lyman makes one for $34 for .243. But is backorder only.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-05-2024 at 11:05 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Harbor freight has the same spring kit for a low price.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/200-pi...set-67562.html

Boolit Bub
    Hi - Any suggestions on what to clean carbon off the feeder bowl and the plates? I am using Overture PLA Pro. Was thinking of using some diluted isopropyl alcohol which seems safe from what I have read. I use One Shot for case lube for trimming and it is starting to get sticky in the bowl and I am getting occasional stuck cases in the sizer/trim die. Figure cleaning everything may help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kausit View Post
    Harbor freight has the same spring kit for a low price.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/200-pi...set-67562.html
    I hate going to Harbor Freight.....usually a huge waste of time.....but I'll have to go check that one out. Thanks! I did buy an aluminum tool case there once and liked that a lot!....turned it into a great organizer for my CED M2 Range Chronograph!

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    Hi - Any suggestions on what to clean carbon off the feeder bowl and the plates? I am using Overture PLA Pro. Was thinking of using some diluted isopropyl alcohol which seems safe from what I have read. I use One Shot for case lube for trimming and it is starting to get sticky in the bowl and I am getting occasional stuck cases in the sizer/trim die. Figure cleaning everything may help a bit.
    I've not had the need yet, but I'd probably first try what I use on my 3D printer plate....99% isopropyl, or mineral spirits....or even might try Dawn Dishwashing liquid, or even Goo Gone.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-12-2024 at 11:11 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Hi everyone,
    I got a question about 9mm brass base down feeding.
    According to the manual there is no ramp for brass base down, only Ramp and Ramp_Brass_Base_Up.

Is there no ramp needed? Seems like all the brass is dropping before making it to the ramp, but it feels weird to just leave the ramp slot empty. It seems like an occasional misaligned case could jam on the edges without any ramp?

Boolit Bub
    Query, is there a bowl extender for the 300? If not what scale up of the standard one? I've built a headstamp case sorter system and using the 300 bowl on it. Would be great to have the extender so I could dump 1k of 9mm into it and let er rip. TIA!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple90 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I got a question about 9mm brass base down feeding.
    According to the manual there is no ramp for brass base down, only Ramp and Ramp_Brass_Base_Up.

Is there no ramp needed? Seems like all the brass is dropping before making it to the ramp, but it feels weird to just leave the ramp slot empty. It seems like an occasional misaligned case could jam on the edges without any ramp?
    There is a plug to go into the one hole when collating brass.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Thanks I got the plug for the bullet drop hole, but what about the slot where the ramp goes for bullet collating?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple90 View Post
    Thanks I got the plug for the bullet drop hole, but what about the slot where the ramp goes for bullet collating?
    Print it, install it, and leave it there. Doesn't harm anything in my experience.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    Print it, install it, and leave it there. Doesn't harm anything in my experience.

Will do. Thanks for the quick support.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarysparky View Post
    Query, is there a bowl extender for the 300? TIA!!
    There is one in TylerR's files.

https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...nder_300mm.stl

Boolit Mold
    So I have just finished putting together a feeder, and have read the entire thread over the last few months, and wanted to thank everyone who has made contributions to this thread, it is nothing short of amazing!I have a few pieces left to get together, and have been dealing with amazon sending me the wrong proximity sensor the last two times.

I had ordered a 3d printed case feeder from an online store, and realized that I could supplement it by 3d printing, and decided to take the plunge, and to print Tylers design, which is a much better design, I can't tell you how many pages and posts I have bookmarked to come back to that helped me with going through the process!

Boolit Mold
    Just printed Tylers 6mm bullet feeder set. like most of the feed dies I print, a little sanding to smooth things out and it works like a charm. everything from 87 to 105 grain tried and work fine. 6MM WOA cartridge and ball in the top hole.
    I too, would like to thank everyone that has worked on the whole project. everything I've printed has worked great if I do my part. I have struggled to get PETG to print anything, be it gun room things, house things, or toys for the grandkids. So I've given up on it, and just use PLA or PLA+ Just ordered some red satin filament. Can't wait to print something with it.
    Again, Thanks all who contribute!!

Welcome to the forum.....and yes TylerR stuff just works. Pictures yet?

Boolit Mold
    I am new to posting, nevermind pictures or videos, so hopefully this works below!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13JG...ew?usp=sharing

Looks great! Reminds me of my first one........there may be more .....I'm up to four....maybe one more will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 00DAR View Post
    Just printed Tylers 6mm bullet feeder set. like most of the feed dies I print, a little sanding to smooth things out and it works like a charm. everything from 87 to 105 grain tried and work fine. 6MM WOA cartridge and ball in the top hole.
    I too, would like to thank everyone that has worked on the whole project. everything I've printed has worked great if I do my part. I have struggled to get PETG to print anything, be it gun room things, house things, or toys for the grandkids. So I've given up on it, and just use PLA or PLA+ Just ordered some red satin filament. Can't wait to print something with it.
    Again, Thanks all who contribute!!
    Great feedback, thank you. Glad we have another feed die confirmed to work by both you and GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by BHiggins View Post
    I am new to posting, nevermind pictures or videos, so hopefully this works below!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13JG...ew?usp=sharing
    Looks great! Next step is to print the 300mm version

Page 344 of 361 FirstFirst ... 244294334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354 ... LastLast