RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    It is designed to use the stock bolt. I just set one up a few weeks ago with it.
    I have 3 of the Lee case feeder set ups and just tried the bolts from all 3 of them... each one measures 2.75 inches of thread. All 3 of the setups are at least 8+ years old so maybe Lee made a change somewhere along the line.
    I printed 2 of the App Bracket Main because I thought something was off... but the both measure 2.577 inches deep for the threaded portion of the bolt.
    No biggie because a new bolt is only like $.35....

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    I have tried to add some info, but it seems like i don´t have the rights to edit the sheet.
    I saw you were loading some 45 truncated cone bullets... what slide plate are you using on them?If your doing 9mm truncated cones the same question.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    I have 3 of the Lee case feeder set ups and just tried the bolts from all 3 of them... each one measures 2.75 inches of thread. All 3 of the setups are at least 8+ years old so maybe Lee made a change somewhere along the line.
    I printed 2 of the App Bracket Main because I thought something was off... but the both measure 2.577 inches deep for the threaded portion of the bolt.
    Maybe TylerR doesn't use the nut between his bracket and the APP mounting hole? I did to get the thing high enough to use with the shuttle/slider I wanted to use. There are a couple of factors: shuttle/slider height, insert height to start with, or maybe it's my pea brain. Whatever....it works fantastic.

Boolit Buddy
    It took me nearly a week, a CR Touch and a few small parts to get the new to me CR10v3 running to my liking but my 300mm main body is now at hour #14.
    I used a 0.6mm nozzle and some PLA this time because I liked the matte look of it.
    We’ll see how well it turns out but so far so good.
    Only 30 hours to go.

Last edited by thump_rrr; 04-10-2022 at 05:59 PM.

So far, looking really good! Fun stuff! Tape on the bed works......but I sure love the Polypropylene bed TylerR reccommended......no more applying removing and reapplying tape....so much less bother.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I used the JGY370 motor on my first print of AmmoMike's base back when TylerR was just getting going with his bigger, regular model. Still works fine and I use it for my APP feeder to feed pistol bullets. I will say that when bullets hung up, the motor just stopped, not being powerful enough to rip out plates. People who pioneered the more powerful motors suffered some breakage due to their power, which prompted TylorR to develop his awesome clutch system...

I would say for TylerR's normal sized collator it will work, and the clutch system will surely make it last longer than it would without it. I know I raced to turn the power off when the motor stopped due to a blockage.....not for fear of ripping plastic, but for fear of a burned out motor. With the clutch, probably not much to worry about even on that.
    As I am from an industrial electrical background, I grabbed a couple of 24v jgy370 motors back when AmmoMike's original was the go so I could "test" some inductive proxy sensors I "found" at work. I have never had a problem with lack of motor power, with AmmoMike's or TylerR's standard size, and 24v makes the range of available sensors huge. One power supply is much like another, and at a pinch (unpowered shed), I have used a 18v dewalt battery to run my setup for around 2 thousand rounds brass and projectiles without recharging. I would try out some of these other motors as they seem great, but pricing to get them in Australia has been prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    It took me nearly a week, a CR Touch and a few small parts to get the new to me CR10v3 running to my liking but my 300mm main body is now at hour #14.
    I used a 0.6mm nozzle and some PLA this time because I liked the matte look of it.
    We’ll see how well it turns out but so far so good.
    Only 30 hours to go.
    Looks great. keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gork View Post
    As I am from an industrial electrical background, I grabbed a couple of 24v jgy370 motors back when AmmoMike's original was the go so I could "test" some inductive proxy sensors I "found" at work. I have never had a problem with lack of motor power, with AmmoMike's or TylerR's standard size, and 24v makes the range of available sensors huge. One power supply is much like another, and at a pinch (unpowered shed), I have used a 18v dewalt battery to run my setup for around 2 thousand rounds brass and projectiles without recharging. I would try out some of these other motors as they seem great, but pricing to get them in Australia has been prohibitive.
    I love hearing from guys building these things all over the world. What open source is all about. Wouldn't mind seeing what you have wired up to run the battery.
    If the jgy370 is working for you then no need changing it. I have decided the ETZGMP38 motor is definitely overkill, except maybe on Mongo. I do really like the 634JS though. Its the happy medium.

Maybe TylerR doesn't use the nut between his bracket and the APP mounting hole? I did to get the thing high enough to use with the shuttle/slider I wanted to use. There are a couple of factors: shuttle/slider height, insert height to start with, or maybe it's my pea brain. Whatever....it works fantastic.
    You have to use a nut between the bracket and the APP. If you don't none of the inserts will be at the correct height. That said, I believe the stock bolts I have were 3.75", not 2.75", which would be a huge difference.

Boolit Man
    You have to use a nut between the bracket and the APP. If you don't none of the inserts will be at the correct height. That said, I believe the stock bolts I have were 3.75", not 2.75", which would be a huge difference.
    Yep. the shorter bolts barely poke thru the bracket... going to town tomorrow to get a couple of longer ones along with the bolt for the main body angle adjustment.

Yep. the shorter bolts barely poke thru the bracket... going to town tomorrow to get a couple of longer ones along with the bolt for the main body angle adjustment.
    I am bit confused where you said you have APP presses from 8+ years ago. I thought these came out in late 2019/2020. Are you talking about the APP press or something else?

Probably talking about the 4-way which you can alternately use with an APP. So maybe the bolt in that kit is short. I was happy to replace that kit and the contraption I made to quick change, for the 3D printed quick change you created.......much rather have a case feeder than a 4-way.

Probably talking about the 4-way which you can alternately use with an APP. So maybe the bolt in that kit is short. I was happy to replace that kit and the contraption I made to quick change, for the 3D printed quick change you created.......much rather have a case feeder than a 4-way.
    OK that makes more sense. The APP has always shipped with the same size bolt, and that is what my bracket is designed around.

Boolit Man
    I am bit confused where you said you have APP presses from 8+ years ago. I thought these came out in late 2019/2020. Are you talking about the APP press or something else?
    Yes, I was talking bout the 4 way tube magazine set up.... I had them for my Lee LoadMaster. Up until now they worked with the APP and the ACP presses...

Boolit Man
    How well does the 9mm bullet feeding die work with .358 diameter bullets?
    Thanks

Boolit Mold
    Can someone post pic of connection between case feeder and Dillon 650/750 press -specially on press side -can’t find combination of parts…

Quote Originally Posted by djgas View Post
    Can someone post pic of connection between case feeder and Dillon 650/750 press -specially on press side -can’t find combination of parts…
    If you are mounting the sensor / drop tube to the feeder, then you would simply run your spring to the "Dillon_Spring_Adapter.stl", which will interface with the dillon case adapters on the press.

Or you can also look in the contributors folder for Tanders' case feed adapters, which replace the dillon ones and accept a spring adapter directly.

How well does the 9mm bullet feeding die work with .358 diameter bullets?
    Thanks
    Really? I know there's browning 9mm longs, but I don't have such a gun. .355 round nose works great.....the only .358 bullet I have are .357mag hollow points......tried them and they don't feed right. They go through if I manually lift the insert really high.....so don't know why..... TylerR designed the die though, he may have a better understanding why not. Those same bullets work perfect in the .38 die. as they should.
    Last edited by GWS; 04-12-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Question about the APP project: there are two shuttle bases, one is longer.....what's the longer one for? I missed that somehow.

Boolit Man
    Really? I know there's browning 9mm longs, but I don't have such a gun. .355 round nose works great.....the only .358 bullet I have are .357mag hollow points......tried them and they don't feed right. They go through if I manually lift the insert really high.....so don't know why..... TylerR designed the die though, he may have a better understanding why not. Those same bullets work perfect in the .38 die. as they should.
    I totally missed the 38 die set.... now I gotta scrounge up another set of springs... LOL
    Last edited by azlester; 04-12-2022 at 08:22 PM.