RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    Tyler,

Quick question. What is this circled on the small rifle collator for? I only see it on this collator and none of the others, makes me wonder if its a mistake.

Attachment 296857

Attachment 296858
    I guess you slice with prusaslicer (or Superslicer)?
    I loaded the stl and i see the same in PS, but after i sliced it and check preview it seems like it is ok.

Boolit Buddy
    Just a little 9mm Production
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm production.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	296882

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I sliced and printed that small rifle brass wheel on IdeaMaker and there was no sign of such anomalies on mine. Are you using Cura or something else? I Think TylerR uses Cura.
    I use Simplify3D, I haven't printed the wheel yet but I noticed that was the only plate that had something like that on it.

Even in Cura the same ridge is displayed, it looks like those two pieces are not touching the build plate compared to the rest of the wheel.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	296883
    Last edited by stanford; 02-28-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I sliced and printed that small rifle brass wheel on IdeaMaker and there was no sign of such anomalies on mine. Are you using Cura or something else? I Think TylerR uses Cura.
    I used cura and didn't get those artifacts.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    I use Simplify3D, I haven't printed the wheel yet but I noticed that was the only plate that had something like that on it.

Even in Cura the same ridge is displayed, it looks like those two pieces are not touching the build plate compared to the rest of the wheel.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	296883
    Just had this discussion on discord. It is a zero width artifact that openscad wants to insert when rendering to an stl file. It does not show up in the preview, and there is no reason for it to be there. Based on how the code is written, you would think it would be in all the slots or none at all. Since it is 0 width, any decent slicer will not render it, so it is really a non issue. Anyone who cares to spend time looking at the code is more then welcome, but since it doesn't affect the print anyway its not on my list of things to do.

It will show up in the Prepare tab in Cura, but it should not show up in the Preview tab once you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Just a little 9mm Production

Name:	9mm production.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	296882
    Very nice!

Boolit Mold
    I am getting ready to print another one for my Lee APP press. I want to do this one in Dillon blue. Someone here had mentioned a good brand and color of filament that closely matched the Dillon Blue. Does anybody remember the details?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarachetta View Post
    I am getting ready to print another one for my Lee APP press. I want to do this one in Dillon blue. Someone here had mentioned a good brand and color of filament that closely matched the Dillon Blue. Does anybody remember the details?
    Overture Digital Blue
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://overture3d.com/products/over...ssional-1-75mm
    Last edited by TylerR; 02-28-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    I used cura and didn't get those artifacts.

Ok, eating crow.....there is ONE. I went back and looked carefully, revolving the .stl file's "Z". It took the revolving to find it tucked in one corner of one of the 10 case cutouts. Indeed it is one layer thick and thankfully did not actually physically print on the "small case plate" 300 version. So yeah...it does show up on the slicer picture I use too. (IdeaMaker) But I didn't see it when I sliced, being only one case slot toward the back. Good thing it would have driven me crazy...

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, eating crow.....there is ONE. I went back and looked carefully, revolving the .stl file's "Z". It took the revolving to find it tucked in one corner of one of the 10 case cutouts. Indeed it is one layer thick and thankfully did not actually physically print on the "small case plate" 300 version. So yeah...it does show up on the slicer picture I use too. (IdeaMaker) But I didn't see it when I sliced, being only one case slot toward the back. Good thing it would have driven me crazy...
    Yeah, me too. Just looked at cura and there it is. Doesn't print though.

Boolit Buddy
    I just got a new APP press and I printed the "App_Bracket_main" and I found that it wasn't tall enough to ensure that cases fed through it. The top would get hung up on the "Brass_insert" for each one. So, I had to increase the scale for the bracket main by 5% vertically and it worked. Not sure if Lee made a slight modification to the size of the press.

Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post
    I just got a new APP press and I printed the "App_Bracket_main" and I found that it wasn't tall enough to ensure that cases fed through it. The top would get hung up on the "Brass_insert" for each one. So, I had to increase the scale for the bracket main by 5% vertically and it worked. Not sure if Lee made a slight modification to the size of the press.
    It is necessary to have one of the nuts between the bracket and the press. That sets the height correctly.

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	296964

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! I thought about using a spacer, didn't realize that I should have just added the nut. I looked through the User Manual but didn't see it mentioned.

Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post
    Thanks! I thought about using a spacer, didn't realize that I should have just added the nut. I looked through the User Manual but didn't see it mentioned.

Appreciate it!
    Just added a line in the manual to make it more clear.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Just added a line in the manual to make it more clear.
    Thank you! Appreciate your dedication to this project!

Boolit Buddy

Don't have a clue how you ended up with that artifact. Mine printed fine.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBarachetta View Post
    I have used Esun, See my pic above....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boolit Buddy
    GWS, when did you print that?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    It's pretty straight forward. Use a spring from the collator to the drop tube just like normal. For 9mm and 40sw brass, or sizing pistol bullets (9mm-45acp), the DAA large spring and my large adapters will work. For 45acp brass you would need the DAA output chute spring, which is 13.5mm ID, and my extra large adapters.

Print out the "APP_Drop_Tube_#3_#4_Tube_Adapter". This will connect the drop tube to either the #3 or #4 (two largest) plastic tubes that come with the APP. From here you are just setting up the APP the way you would normally. You can cut the tube down to be shorter if you want, which is what I did.

There is a pic of my setup on page 79. In the pic you will see I also have a "APP_Offset_Connector" on the APP press. I came up with this and use it primarily for sizing 45acp bullets, because it gives me more clearance between the tube and my modified handle. It will not work with .45 brass (they will get hung up), but I assume it would with everything else.

Edited to add:
    Here is the DAA output chute spring. It is larger then the DAA large spring by .5mm, and is 4 feet long, so you can cut it up in to whatever length pieces you need. I mentioned this before, but if I were to buy springs again I would just get the small DAA spring and this output spring, and skip the large one. This one will do everything the large one does and more. Who knows maybe you can find a use for the chute too. lol

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/doubl...BoCXCkQAvD_BwE
    Tyler,

Which offset connector are you using there? Would I be able to get away with just printing the one for 45acp and using it for 9mm and 40s&w as well or would it be caliber specific?

Page 281 of 358 FirstFirst ... 181231271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291331 ... LastLast