Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I am not sure on the failures. The one I wired up worked well for the time I used it. Is this the board you are using?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I am another that is severely electronically challenged and having problems with the sensor board.

I have not been able to get the one I have to work from the start. I do not have ready acess to a multimeter so no way to test the sensor other than covering and uncovering the sensor end.

Perhaps I am being presumptuous but the principle of the board seems simple enought to me. The sensor actuates a relay that makes or breaks the ground wire from the motor. I would think that un-plugging the sensor wires and then closing and opening the circuit between the sensor connector pins should activate the relay but even that does not work.

The wiring diagram seens logical and straighforward so the problem may be that my amateurish soldering job of connecting the motor ground to the connector pins may have damaged the board in some way.

Anyway, I ordered another board and, to eliminate my ham handed soldering ability, I also ordered a Female 18 AGW 2 pin connector to complete the ground circuit to the motor.

I am open to any suggestions as to whether I messed it up or the fact that it is just a bad board.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Bub
    I am not sure on the failures. The one I wired up worked well for the time I used it. Is this the board you are using?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Yes, all the failures have been with this Emusky one at the link. I am subbing out with ones slightly larger which are a slightly different design and see if that changes things. I am fairly certain it is just bad quality from the supplier given the reviews. I will know after running a few thousand through the new ones. I don’t think it is anywhere else as the relay still clicks and the onboard relay still changes off/on it seems the relay is not completing the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    Yes, all the failures have been with this Emusky one at the link. I am subbing out with ones slightly larger which are a slightly different design and see if that changes things. I am fairly certain it is just bad quality from the supplier given the reviews. I will know after running a few thousand through the new ones. I don’t think it is anywhere else as the relay still clicks and the onboard relay still changes off/on it seems the relay is not completing the circuit.
    If it was working and then just stopped, seems clear that the board is going bad. If there is a better alternative I can change the link in the manual.

Boolit Mold

.357 collator plate

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    After getting pulled away from trying to create a shell plate for .38 Special, I pretty much decided to try to just use one of the existing collator plates.
    I created a .357 collator plate for my Ammo Mike feeder like the rifle plates where the cases lay on the side, works realy fast and realiable this way. The slots are 36mm wide and 11mm deep
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K800_IMG20220110212951.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	294353

Quote Originally Posted by Fichtelwichtel View Post
    I created a .357 collator plate for my Ammo Mike feeder like the rifle plates where the cases lay on the side, works realy fast and realiable this way. The slots are 36mm wide and 11mm deep
    This is what I am doing for 44mag and 45lc. The plate for 300BO works perfect.

Boolit Mold
    TylerR,
    I have been running your bullet feeder for 6 months+ and I love it on my XL750 and my Lee APP. I have printed off three bodies and ton of parts to make them all work. I just really want to tell you how appreciative I am for your hard work. I haven't made any bullet feeder dies yet. . . I had a bunch of DAA dies from my EntirelyCrimson bullet feeder. I have been using your feeder for 9mm/38, 44 mag, 45 cast bullet sizing on my APP most of the time. I have found with bit of time and patience I can get nearly every bullet to feed as fast as I can run the APP handle (the Lee 38 cal 105SWC is my nemesis) and get bullets sized faster than I can cast and powder coat them.

I try to check the forum every month and look for the various updates you have put out, thank you again for your continuing support and hard work, it has become quite the journey. You and your contributors have done a great job.

Today I did my monthly log in and now I see your designing and printing 3d powder cameras too on post #5305! If you feel like sharing, I would love to make myself a camera system just like yours!

Thank you again,
    Walnut in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    TylerR,
    I have been running your bullet feeder for 6 months+ and I love it on my XL750 and my Lee APP. I have printed off three bodies and ton of parts to make them all work. I just really want to tell you how appreciative I am for your hard work. I haven't made any bullet feeder dies yet. . . I had a bunch of DAA dies from my EntirelyCrimson bullet feeder. I have been using your feeder for 9mm/38, 44 mag, 45 cast bullet sizing on my APP most of the time. I have found with bit of time and patience I can get nearly every bullet to feed as fast as I can run the APP handle (the Lee 38 cal 105SWC is my nemesis) and get bullets sized faster than I can cast and powder coat them.

I try to check the forum every month and look for the various updates you have put out, thank you again for your continuing support and hard work, it has become quite the journey. You and your contributors have done a great job.

Today I did my monthly log in and now I see your designing and printing 3d powder cameras too on post #5305! If you feel like sharing, I would love to make myself a camera system just like yours!

Thank you again,
    Walnut in Texas
    Glad to hear! I appreciate that feedback very much.

Yes, I really like the camera powder check.

I am using this camera and screen.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QCMDJWL...roduct_details

Here are the 3d parts.
    https://github.com/BF556/Other/tree/main/Powder%20Check

I spent hours and hours searching for a camera/screen setup, and finally decided on that one. I hated the 16ft camera cable so I spliced it to about 1ft. That was a pretty big project that could be easily messed up.

Added a picture of the unit after cable splice. Not pretty but does the job.

Last edited by TylerR; 01-12-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow! Just Wow..... I have not been here since last spring or so.... TylerR and GWS you guys have done amazing work on this project (and continue to do so). I may need to actually fire up my printer again! I had made up a lot of 9mm and 223 last spring, and have not even touched my press since then.... But Last Saturdays match I shot the last of my 9mm, and started pulling the handle again on Monday....

No surprise at all, all my 3d parts are working flawlessly!

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Tyler, I guess I have a new print project tonight when I get home. My Ender was getting lonely . .
    Walnut in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Wow! Just Wow..... I have not been here since last spring or so.... TylerR and GWS you guys have done amazing work on this project (and continue to do so). I may need to actually fire up my printer again! I had made up a lot of 9mm and 223 last spring, and have not even touched my press since then.... But Last Saturdays match I shot the last of my 9mm, and started pulling the handle again on Monday....

No surprise at all, all my 3d parts are working flawlessly!
    Hopefully you have some primers stashed away.....

Boolit Mold
    This thread has been great and finally got me to pull the trigger on the 3d printer. 3rd print was the Main body and 44 hours later it came out great. Now I just have one issue, on my XL750 I have the DAA feeder die in station 3 and the drop tube is rubbing against the dillon powder measure creating friction and not allowing the die with drop tube to drop freely causing more than one bullet to feed. Has someone already come up with a solution for this? I didn't see anything in the download or manual.

Thanks for all the work you guys have done!

Quote Originally Posted by Kremins View Post
    This thread has been great and finally got me to pull the trigger on the 3d printer. 3rd print was the Main body and 44 hours later it came out great. Now I just have one issue, on my XL750 I have the DAA feeder die in station 3 and the drop tube is rubbing against the dillon powder measure creating friction and not allowing the die with drop tube to drop freely causing more than one bullet to feed. Has someone already come up with a solution for this? I didn't see anything in the download or manual.

Thanks for all the work you guys have done!
    Sure have. You want to use one of the offset connectors originally created for the APP. I use one on my 750.

You did not mention what caliber, but for .45 I use the 13mm offset and the Drop_Tube_APP_Offset_Adapter. The adapter is what interfaces the feed die to the offset.

https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...nnector_13.stl
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...et_Adapter.stl
    Last edited by TylerR; 01-13-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Boolit Mold
    The caliber is 9mm so I am using the 10mm adapters. Thanks for the help I will start them printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kremins View Post
    The caliber is 9mm so I am using the 10mm adapters. Thanks for the help I will start them printing.
    I usually go up one mm on the offsets, so I would recommend 11mm, although 10mm would most likely work as well.
    Last edited by TylerR; 01-13-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Hey TylerR,

I just downloaded the latest files and tried printing the regular droptubes in 10 and 12, along with bulletfeed inserts .38, .44 and .45. but the .44 and .45 does not fit when printed (at 0.10mm layers).
    These are the measurements i get:

Droptube 10 inner diameter: 16.40mm
    Droptube 12 inner diameter: 16.40mm
    Feed insert .38 outer diameter: 16.40mm
    Feed insert .44 outer diameter: 16.45mm
    Feed insert .45 outer diameter: 16.60mm

I put all of them in the same print and cut out to just print the parts that fit together, if it was a calibration or flow error i should see the same error on each insert, but they're different, which is odd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 21.24.30.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	294528

Can you have a look at those files and see if something is wrong, I see they've been updated recently.

Best regards from across the pond.
    /Karl
    Last edited by Charlie_Sweden; 01-14-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sweden View Post
    Hey TylerR,

I just downloaded the latest files and tried printing the regular droptubes in 10 and 12, along with bulletfeed inserts .38, .44 and .45. but the .44 and .45 does not fit when printed (at 0.10mm layers).
    These are the measurements i get:

Droptube 10 inner diameter: 16.40mm
    Droptube 12 inner diameter: 16.40mm
    Feed insert .38 outer diameter: 16.40mm
    Feed insert .44 outer diameter: 16.45mm
    Feed insert .45 outer diameter: 16.60mm

I put all of them in the same print and cut out to just print the parts that fit together, if it was a calibration or flow error i should see the same error on each insert, but they're different, which is odd.

Can you have a look at those files and see if something is wrong, I see they've been updated recently.

Best regards from across the pond.
    /Karl
    Not sure what you have going on, but the drop tubes definitely do not have the same diameter. Except for at the very top maybe where it interfaces with the spring. The bullet dies all start out with a similar diameter, but they dont fiinish with that.

These are all files I have printed many times.

Boolit Bub
    I'm sorry if i was unclear, i was talking about the interface diameters. Where the droptube slides onto the bulletfeed insert.

I usually go up one mm on the offsets, so I would recommend 11mm, although 10mm would most likely work as well.
    showing a subsection of the print does not tell me much.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sweden View Post
    I'm sorry if i was unclear, i was talking about the interface diameters. Where the droptube slides onto the bulletfeed insert.
    I guess I would have to look at the .45 to see why is is 16.60mm and not 16.40mm

Boolit Bub
    To not have to print for several days again, i cut out the interface parts from the .stls i listed above.

Running a new testprint now with a setting to print outer perimeter first, should get more accurate dimensions that way. still, that wont explain why the .45 is 16.60mm. I'll get back to you.

Page 270 of 361 FirstFirst ... 170220260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280320 ... LastLast