MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    quick question during assembly. mounting the drop tube adapter and some other things, there are tiny holes in the print. did you drill them out to accommodate a 3mm machine screw, or use a self tapping screw, or some other solution? also, a 3mm nut doesn't get trapped in the clutch plate, has enough excess room to spin. could JB weld it in I suppose.
    Or you can use 6-32 flat head screws and 6-32 Nyloc nuts. They work great.....no epoxy needed or wanted. You might check the manual.....TylerR most likely has those specified, maybe the little holes in the drop tube out of the collator too, but I used M2 machine screws for those, just screwed them in as if they were self tapping......they worked great for me.

For this project, it's a good idea to get an SAE assortment AND a metric assortment. So far I've used M2s, M3s, M4s, 6-32, 8-32, and even 10-32's, for the little hardware. SAE hardware for bigger needs, being easier to find locally.
    Last edited by GWS; 12-28-2021 at 02:10 AM.

quick question during assembly. mounting the drop tube adapter and some other things, there are tiny holes in the print. did you drill them out to accommodate a 3mm machine screw, or use a self tapping screw, or some other solution? also, a 3mm nut doesn't get trapped in the clutch plate, has enough excess room to spin. could JB weld it in I suppose.
    I use #2 x 1/4" sheet metal screws mostly for that stuff. The clutch plates are designed around #6 x 1/2", not 3mm.

Ok, I received an Ender 3 pro for Christmas & going to try & make this. Being new to this I have a question regarding walls. Does the "4" here represent the wall line count? If not what is it?
    Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collator.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	293793

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Ok, I received an Ender 3 pro for Christmas & going to try & make this. Being new to this I have a question regarding walls. Does the "4" here represent the wall line count? If not what is it?

Yes. It assumes walls are .8mm thick.

Boolit Buddy

My recommendation would be to make sure you got your printer dialed in before doing this. The main body is about a 48 hour print, and it would be painful to scrap them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Yes. It assumes walls are .8mm thick.
    Here's what I see in Cura. Not making sense to me. It's showing a wall thickness of .8mm but only a wall line count of 2. The layer thickness is set at .2mm. I truly appreciate all your efforts you put into this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cura walls.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	293803

My recommendation would be to make sure you got your printer dialed in before doing this. The main body is about a 48 hour print, and it would be painful to scrap them.

I'm printing the smaller parts first. That snip was just to try to understand the walls. So far I've been very pleased with the initial prints. I'll post some pics later.

Here's what I see in Cura. Not making sense to me. It's showing a wall thickness of .8mm but only a wall line count of 2. The layer thickness is set at .2mm. I truly appreciate all your efforts you put into this.

Name:	Cura walls.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	293803
    You just need to change the 2 to a 4 and then slice.

Boolit Buddy
    nearly done.... amazon is out of that motor speed controller, so..... think this one would work? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MK1SKRT...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

i'm definitely not super well versed with electronics.

nearly done.... amazon is out of that motor speed controller, so..... think this one would work? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MK1SKRT...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

i'm definitely not super well versed with electronics.
    Yes sir, good to go.

Good morning so far printing. I do have one issue. I tried to download the "Pistol_Bullet_Collator_Plate_Small#5.stl" form github.com. All the other files I have downloaded appear at the bottom left corner of my screen. This one appears this way. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Name:	Plate small #5.jpg 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	293814

Boolit Buddy
    Right click on the link for the file, select save link or target as (depending on browser)

Right click on the link for the file, select save link or target as (depending on browser)

Thank you! Worked like a charm.

Scratch that. Cura won't open the file.

Name:	Cure fail.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	293818
    Last edited by Sig; 12-30-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Hmmm. I've done that without issue quite a bit. What browser are you using?

Chrome. I'll try Firefox. One thing I noticed was the file size being only 166 kb.

No go in Firefox either.
    Last edited by Sig; 12-30-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Boolit Master

Chrome. I'll try Firefox. One thing I noticed was the file size being only 166 kb.
    Be sure to click on "Select All" then "Save Page As".
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

This is a github issue. It has been discussed quite a few times here. When you click on the Download button and it opens the stl as a text file, you can just do a right click - Save As from there and you are good to go.

Best thing to do is to download the entire package. Then access the files on your hard drive.

I used the plate generator with these settings. I heard the ding that it was finished & am able to preview the plate. My problem is I have no idea where to find the stl file.

Attachment 293820

I used the plate generator with these settings. I heard the ding that it was finished & am able to preview the plate. My problem is I have no idea where to find the stl file.

Attachment 293820
    The plate generator creates the file in the same directory that the Parts Generator.jar is in. so right in the root.

Thank you TylerR. I downloaded all into a zip file as you suggested. Cura was able to then slice it. Believe it or not I did a fair amount of searching & reading prior to posting about my issue. Here's my progress so far.

Attachment 293821

Page 267 of 360 FirstFirst ... 167217257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277317 ... LastLast