Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    Yeah, I guess I was delirious or something. One nut between main post and frame works, as does the correct slides. I did have to do some sanding to get the tubes to fit snuggly but not ridiculously tight. Made an adapter for the 4 tube collator, though I should brace it for additional support. All that will be moot shortly.....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    What resolution are you printing at? The parts are designed around .12mm. If you used .2mm things will be a little tight.

Glad to see you taking the plunge with the collator. You will like it much better than the 4 barrel manual one.

Looking great! The fun is about to begin......

BTW, what plastic is that? Like the shine.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah I think I did .2, maybe .16 I figured it was due to my resolution and nothing else. Some 320 grit and it's all good.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Looking great! The fun is about to begin......

BTW, what plastic is that? Like the shine.
    It's creality TPLA which I'm assuming is tough PLA but can't find any documentation on their terrible website. It came with my latest printer. I do have to say it's much tougher and less brittle than standard PLA. Was going to use some PETG I have, but I will use that for some other stuff for this project. It does result in a glossy finish.

Thought I would share my latest. Ever since I moved to the auto bullet feeder, and removed the powder check, it has been a bit of a pain to look in there. Finally worked out a solution. It inserts in to the hole for the powder check and can be swapped between presses in about 5 seconds.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice! I rednecked in a wireless camera to look into my charge station, and have my cell phone at eye level on my bench via mag mount. Connects to the camera via direct wifi.

Yours is a much better and cleaner integration.

5.5hrs left in the main body print. So far so good.

Nice! I rednecked in a wireless camera to look into my charge station, and have my cell phone at eye level on my bench via mag mount. Connects to the camera via direct wifi.

Yours is a much better and cleaner integration.

5.5hrs left in the main body print. So far so good.
    Thanks! I just got crazy and spliced the camera wire to get rid of all the excess. Looks like I managed not to screw it up. 16 feet of wire was a bit annoying.

Boolit Buddy
    47 hour success. Went with the JGY 370 as it's readily available. Printed really well. Now for the other parts. Starting with the flipper. There is one post mount part that you say doesn't need supports which I'm not sure my printer can handle without supports. I probably am going to put tree supports on it.

because the pic used flash, it doesn't do it justice at all. its a pretty darn clean print. was happy when it was done, 47 hours of everything working right, no power outages, kids somehow bumping it, me doing random Polish things causing issues....

The flipper, ramp, and drop hole adapter are tomorrows project.

Last edited by MSUICEMAN; 12-24-2021 at 12:36 AM.

Nothing wrong with that print! I hear you about the flash. I usually get the best pictures ignoring the camera wanting the flash.

Boolit Mold
    It's been quite a few months since I printed my bullet feeder. Still works great. Have loaded a few thousands of 223, 45acp, 38spl, and 9x19. Awesome project y'all put together. Really enjoyed making and using the bullet feeder. Thank you.

Just ordered another 52JE51. Want to setup another press with a bullet feeder as well as case feeder, this time. Used the 52JE51 on last build and it has been great. Plenty strong even with a couple handfuls of 230gr 45acp's thrown in the hopper. I had caught the tail end of the Ammo Mike feeder build, before it disappeared from the www, and used one of the weaker motors. It lacked torque and struggled. The 52JE51 doesn't have any problem with torque but is $80 shipped. Would like to print at least three more bullet/brass feeders but try to keep the cost down. Want to outfit my Loadmaster and Pro 4000 just for the fun of it.

With all that said. What experience have some of you had with the other motors on the list?

Anyone have or have knowledge of any stl's supporting the Pro 4000 (Auto Breechlock Pro)?

Boolit Buddy
    I'll let ya know in about a week for the jgy370. Cheap motor, but I hope with the gear reduction torque isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    It's been quite a few months since I printed my bullet feeder. Still works great. Have loaded a few thousands of 223, 45acp, 38spl, and 9x19. Awesome project y'all put together. Really enjoyed making and using the bullet feeder. Thank you.

Just ordered another 52JE51. Want to setup another press with a bullet feeder as well as case feeder, this time. Used the 52JE51 on last build and it has been great. Plenty strong even with a couple handfuls of 230gr 45acp's thrown in the hopper. I had caught the tail end of the Ammo Mike feeder build, before it disappeared from the www, and used one of the weaker motors. It lacked torque and struggled. The 52JE51 doesn't have any problem with torque but is $80 shipped. Would like to print at least three more bullet/brass feeders but try to keep the cost down. Want to outfit my Loadmaster and Pro 4000 just for the fun of it.

With all that said. What experience have some of you had with the other motors on the list?

Anyone have or have knowledge of any stl's supporting the Pro 4000 (Auto Breechlock Pro)?
    This is the motor I have been recommending for anyone trying to save some cash.
    https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Se...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

Boolit Buddy
    Crap, I didn't see that. Well, we shall see if a 6rpm JGY370 works well. Or I'll have to make an adapter for this one.

Had my first failed print. Was doing mounting post and post mount base and for whatever reason it stopped 88% done. Sad. Think my raspberry pi had a low voltage warning and I was printing it through octopi rather than on card. Oh well. Won't do that again. Will only print from SD card mounted in printer.

Crap, I didn't see that. Well, we shall see if a 6rpm JGY370 works well. Or I'll have to make an adapter for this one.

Had my first failed print. Was doing mounting post and post mount base and for whatever reason it stopped 88% done. Sad. Think my raspberry pi had a low voltage warning and I was printing it through octopi rather than on card. Oh well. Won't do that again. Will only print from SD card mounted in printer.
    It didn't give you a way to "continue" the print after refeeding the media even? Sometimes mine stops (pauses) but I can continue it if I pull the plastic and refeed. I heard the reason for it is the media sensor gets too far away from the media...maybe a bend in the incoming? I don't even use octopi, so maybe it's not octopi causing it.

Been meaning to take the sensor apart to see why.......doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a royal pain.

Didn't happen at all for the first year.....maybe it needs cleaned out inside the sensor's box.
    Last edited by GWS; 12-25-2021 at 10:11 PM.

I had a print do that once. It was about an 18 hour print, and it just stopped for no reason I could see. I was using Octoprint and it appeared it disconnected from the printer best I could tell. My entire setup is on a battery backup so I know it was not a power issue.

Boolit Mold
    @TylerR do you happen to have the Switch_Drop_Tube_14mm.stl ? it seems the Switch_Drop_Tube_13mm is too tight for the 45acp BulletFeed die

Quote Originally Posted by akonibai View Post
    @TylerR do you happen to have the Switch_Drop_Tube_14mm.stl ? it seems the Switch_Drop_Tube_13mm is too tight for the 45acp BulletFeed die
    i do not. Those were a contribution. That said, the diameter of the interface to the feed die is the same for all the drop tubes. 16.56mm. I just measured the "Switch_Drop_Tube_13mm" and confirmed.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    i do not. Those were a contribution. That said, the diameter of the interface to the feed die is the same for all the drop tubes. 16.56mm. I just measured the "Switch_Drop_Tube_13mm" and confirmed.
    yes your right, I just finished printing the 45acp bullet die body and it the print is not as strong as 9mm and 40S&W particullarly where the ball bearings slot area.

Thanks Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by akonibai View Post
    yes your right, I just finished printing the 45acp bullet die body and it the print is not as strong as 9mm and 40S&W particullarly where the ball bearings slot area.

Thanks Tyler
    That is true. The tolerances are very close there. That issue is exactly why I went from 4mm bb's to 3.5mm. To gain a little space for that die.
    Luckily, once you get it threaded in to the tool head it becomes a non issue.

Boolit Buddy
    quick question during assembly. mounting the drop tube adapter and some other things, there are tiny holes in the print. did you drill them out to accommodate a 3mm machine screw, or use a self tapping screw, or some other solution? also, a 3mm nut doesn't get trapped in the clutch plate, has enough excess room to spin. could JB weld it in I suppose.

Page 266 of 361 FirstFirst ... 166216256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276316 ... LastLast