Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    Thanks TylerR im up and running now. Im still having issues with the parts generator though. i downloaded Java and a zip file thing but once i select the file destination and hit start nothing happens. i'll get the "parts" file in the selected folder but once i go to open it says file not found. Anybody know where i'm messing up at?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    SWC's can be a bit challenging since the nose diameter is not much smaller then the base. That said, it can definitely handle them. Just have to get the plate ridge distance dialed in.
    Ok, i understand. When you say "dialed in" you mean printing another one? I have printed #7 but i´m thinking about #8 since sometimes the bullet doesn´t slide down to vertical position before the ramp. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by texasknight78 View Post
    Thanks TylerR im up and running now. Im still having issues with the parts generator though. i downloaded Java and a zip file thing but once i select the file destination and hit start nothing happens. i'll get the "parts" file in the selected folder but once i go to open it says file not found. Anybody know where i'm messing up at?
    What parts are you selecting?

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Ok, i understand. When you say "dialed in" you mean printing another one? I have printed #7 but i´m thinking about #8 since sometimes the bullet doesn´t slide down to vertical position before the ramp. Correct?
    If you print one and the bullets are sliding off the ridge too easily, you can also use a set screw in the back of the plate to push it out just enough so it starts working correctly.

So print the #8 and test it. If you need something between the two sizes use a set screw in the #8.

If you print one and the bullets are sliding off the ridge too easily, you can also use a set screw in the back of the plate to push it out just enough so it starts working correctly.

So print the #8 and test it. If you need something between the two sizes use a set screw in the #8.
    Thanks! Will try that.

What parts are you selecting?
    o416 just gave me a new parts generator that will skip over any errors it finds. Just uploaded to github. Give that a try.

o416 just gave me a new parts generator that will skip over any errors it finds. Just uploaded to github. Give that a try.
    This community here is awesome!

Now, I need a bit of help, but it's not quite related to the feeder, but a 3d printable ammo box I need modified, and I'm not as handy in solidworks as I once was...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Standard size will fit an Ender 3. If there is gray area in the slicer it usually means some kind of build plate adhesion, brim or raft.
    Could he have the model turned wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    This community here is awesome!

Now, I need a bit of help, but it's not quite related to the feeder, but a 3d printable ammo box I need modified, and I'm not as handy in solidworks as I once was...

Don't see anything to modify....copy it into a zip file and attach it on your next post.
    Last edited by GWS; 11-16-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Don't see anything to modify....copy it into a zip file and attach it on your next post.
    Heres the zip. I just need it stretched to accomodate a 10mm OAL. if the text that says the caliber is easy enough to change, id like it to be changed to "9x25" but I really just need it modified in height, and dont really care if it still says 40
    Attached Files Attached Files

Heres the zip. I just need it stretched to accomodate a 10mm OAL. if the text that says the caliber is easy enough to change, id like it to be changed to "9x25" but I really just need it modified in height, and dont really care if it still says 40
    Here you go.40SWbase.zip
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-16-2021 at 10:09 AM.

TylerR nor anyone else has ever taught me how to do recessed lettering on a model. I wouldn't have a clue. He does it in Design Spark?, but probably not on an .stl file. You don't have cad files available, I take it?
    I went the extra mile and changed the text. Its pretty easy in DSM, and can be done once you convert the stl to a solid.

https://designspark.zendesk.com/hc/e...t-to-a-design-

As usual....child's play for the master .... always amazed......what steps did you use? or are you taking that knowledge to your grave!

That was quick.....Anticipated my question.....I will study that today....always wanted to know how.

And the stretch command?
    Last edited by GWS; 11-16-2021 at 10:23 AM.

As usual....child's play for the master .... always amazed......what steps did you use? or are you taking that knowledge to your grave!

That was quick.....Anticipated my question.....I will study that today....always wanted to know how.

And the stretch command?
    Just use the Pull tool. Selected the bottom layer of all the bullet slots and pulled them down 5mm. Did not even have to make the box taller because there was plenty of meat on the bottom already.

That's why you (could) get the big bucks....

I went the extra mile and changed the text. Its pretty easy in DSM, and can be done once you convert the stl to a solid.

Thank you, I very much appreciate it. I have some simple flip top ones that I was able to make taller. I guess it was a similar situation, but I just had to make the extrusion taller. With the more complex shape of that one, I didn't know how to do that, but I guess it was pretty simple. Man, it's been 10 years since I had my class in solidworks...

So it should be pretty easy for me to go in with DSM and just edit the text? Or would I have to redo the whole "project to text" bit?

on a more related note, I got the feed springs in today. if all foes well, i might actually be able to fill these ammo boxes! depends of id rather try to remove a rusted in o2 sensor or work on the bullet feeder. i might just load a bit the old fashioned way

So it should be pretty easy for me to go in with DSM and just edit the text? Or would I have to redo the whole "project to text" bit?

Unfortunately no, I wish it was that easy. you have to delete what is there and re-create.

ok, it looks easy enough to add the text. in that clip you shared earlier, he shows raised text, but I assume you just pull the text the other way for the recessed? how would I delete the text that's there(i got DSM)? I just cant figure that part out. (the text should say 9x25, instead of 9x19) the 9x25 is a bit of an obscure cartridge, its basically a 357 sig but based off the 10mm auto case instead of 40.

ok, it looks easy enough to add the text. in that clip you shared earlier, he shows raised text, but I assume you just pull the text the other way for the recessed? how would I delete the text that's there(i got DSM)? I just cant figure that part out. (the text should say 9x25, instead of 9x19) the 9x25 is a bit of an obscure cartridge, its basically a 357 sig but based off the 10mm auto case instead of 40.
    Oh dang, did I screw that up? I can make the change no problem if you want.
    To do it in DSM, you just select the text with the select tool and hit delete on the keyboard. And yes, to recess it just pull in the other direction.

Re-done

40SWcover.zip
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-17-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Page 258 of 361 FirstFirst ... 158208248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268308358 ... LastLast