Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    i came across a flipper of similar design out on thingiverse awhile back. here is the link of you want to take a look.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3675313.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Thankyou.....will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Thankyou.....will take a look.
    I sent you an email my friend.

Thank you.

Been hearing some noise on THR.org that the newer Lee APP's are less likely to launch rifle cases across the room for house cat entertainment. Not sure what they changed......

I just bought one from midwayusa last week and it launches my 9mm brass sometimes. I think its just the way you set it up

That or I bought an old one

Boolit Buddy
    Is anyone able to run parts generator on OSX ? I can see the screen, set path to openscad executable but when I try to preview a plate I get null pointer exception

Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    Is anyone able to run parts generator on OSX ? I can see the screen, set path to openscad executable but when I try to preview a plate I get null pointer exception
    I run OS X and am interested in the answer. I used a Windows box to run the generator. I did research the error for os x and found one, almost too simple solution, resetting your Mac PRAM and NVPRAM. I always try the simplest solutions first.

This is the place I found the discussion of the same error:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...twindow-java49

Resetting NVRAM/PRAM: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

This is my search criteria link.

Did that work? I know Java is supposed to be OS agnostic but my first guess would be a Virtual box with windows would be required. Im curious if this is a Darwin only issue and if other distros have any issues

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    No NVRAM reset didn't work for me. I've ran parts generator from the directory where it's located and get following exception (bottom of stack trace) - looks like it can't find some specific STL file.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at partsgenerator.PartsWindowController.getSTLFile(Pa rtsWindowController.java:1204)
    ... 59 more

Its the same error as the stack link but that doesn't mean its the same area. Anyway if it is the graphics then I would try it in a virtual box, or linux of some type.

Nvm use Wine. Ive used it for things in the part and it worked really well.
    Last edited by Jackbrush; 09-02-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Haven't posted here in a while. Just wanted to say hello and I am very happy to see that this project is still going strong

Peace and love from Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbrush View Post
    Its the same error as the stack link but that doesn't mean its the same area. Anyway if it is the graphics then I would try it in a virtual box, or linux of some type.

Nvm use Wine. Ive used it for things in the part and it worked really well.
    I have a guy working on it right now. I would do it myself but just too dang busy.

Boolit Buddy
    Just an update: tried to run it in VMBox Ubuntu 20, java 11 + openjfx. Application runs but get same exception as for OSX. I suspect it might be path separator character - if it's hardcoded for windows systems it'll produce invalid path on unix.

Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    Just an update: tried to run it in VMBox Ubuntu 20, java 11 + openjfx. Application runs but get same exception as for OSX. I suspect it might be path separator character - if it's hardcoded for windows systems it'll produce invalid path on unix.
    That is the issue. I am looking at it now.

Here are Charlie Sweeden's parts for anyone looking for them.

https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...32_SW_Long.zip

Boolit Mold
    TylerR
    Thanks for all your hard work. I can only imagine how long it must have taken to get all those files done... Again...
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    I'm not real good with this 3d printing, but have been running my ender for over a week now, and still not close to done... I have tried to pint the 9mm bullet feed dies at least 10 times, followed all your settings... turned it on it's side... can't get a good print. Using matchbox PLA and cura slicer... any suggestions?

That's too broad of a question to help put in any specific way. So heres a broad answer, make sure the printers tuned. Follow teaching techs site and make sure everything's acceptable https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html

Once you've done that compare your print to the pictures in here and follow the advice
    https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

Quote Originally Posted by paflyfisher View Post
    TylerR
    Cura has a lot of settings for your specific printer and the filament you use. It took me several tests to get things dialed in. Bed leveling of your printer is critical.

I ended up using Sunlu PLA filament that was pretty forgiving, not so with the Overture brand PETG I tried and gave up on for now.

There is a ton of testing prints built into Cura, but they need the post-processing scripts, also built-in. I learned about them watching video from this YouTube guy, CHEP:

https://www.youtube.com/user/beginnerelectronics/videos

Boolit Buddy
    Has anyone else used the APP Brass Insert for 40? I have printed it twice and my fired 40 cases will not go through it freely. I can push them through with a rod/pencil/etc., so it's just a hair too small. Seems like maybe it needs to be opened up half a mm or so.

Has anyone else used the APP Brass Insert for 40? I have printed it twice and my fired 40 cases will not go through it freely. I can push them through with a rod/pencil/etc., so it's just a hair too small. Seems like maybe it needs to be opened up half a mm or so.

I will take a look at it and can open it up if needed. What were your print settings?

I will take a look at it and can open it up if needed. What were your print settings?

Page 240 of 360 FirstFirst ... 140190230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250290340 ... LastLast