Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Cool

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vorga View Post
    Started a 2d feeder to match my lee setups .. Also trying the app parts in resin . They look really good
    Those things look like they are made out of jello

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vorga View Post
    Started a 2d feeder to match my lee setups .. Also trying the app parts in resin . They look really good
    Im jealous. I love that color. Which Resin Printer do you have?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Well that accounts for your post at 3:17 AM here in New Mexico! Nice to have a little diversity here! And nice to know your gun rights are alive and well. Hope they are not under attack like they are here......and btw, I love the originality found in Swedish Jet Fighters!

I have a few grams of Swedish blood in my veins.....and Danish too.....back a few generations..... (along with English and Swiss) My sir-name came across the English channel with William the Conqueror's Army.
    Hehe! Yes, there is quite the time difference. our gun rights aren't that liberal, we have quite strict ones. Soo theres no way to carry, just shoot at gun ranges, apply for permit/license each gun with the police (which may take up to a couple of months) and before that you need to have been member at a gun-range for at least a 6 months period, and shoot at least three 46-point precision series one handed at 25meters for the police to accept that you need an own gun for training and competition. But I'm not complaining, i still get to compete and shoot at my club.

I'm happy to have found you guys, the work you've done with the collator is outstanding. At the moment i run one with my Lee APP to collate fired brass for depriming and one for bulletfeeding when loading 9mm on my XL750. And soon when loading .32S&W Long as well.

Speaking of which, could you guys help me design a slide plate for the .32s, where they can slide down and enter the spring? For the moment i'm using the brass slideplate but the opening is too big and the bullets get stuck when falling sideways.

Best Regards
    Karl

Boolit Buddy
    Quick question. The manual states the build area needs to be 210 x 210. I have access to a Prusa that says it is 210 x 210. That doesn’t leave much wiggle room. I understand I would need to disable all brims, etc., but even with that, is there enough room for the main body?

Thanks!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by RydForLyf View Post
    Quick question. The manual states the build area needs to be 210 x 210. I have access to a Prusa that says it is 210 x 210. That doesn’t leave much wiggle room. I understand I would need to disable all brims, etc., but even with that, is there enough room for the main body?

Thanks!
    Standard prusa i3 works fine with main body. Prusa mini not so much.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sweden View Post
    Standard prusa i3 works fine with main body. Prusa mini not so much.
    Perfect!

Thanks

Hehe! Yes, there is quite the time difference. our gun rights aren't that liberal, we have quite strict ones. Soo theres no way to carry, just shoot at gun ranges, apply for permit/license each gun with the police (which may take up to a couple of months) and before that you need to have been member at a gun-range for at least a 6 months period, and shoot at least three 46-point precision series one handed at 25meters for the police to accept that you need an own gun for training and competition. But I'm not complaining, i still get to compete and shoot at my club.

I'm happy to have found you guys, the work you've done with the collator is outstanding. At the moment i run one with my Lee APP to collate fired brass for depriming and one for bulletfeeding when loading 9mm on my XL750. And soon when loading .32S&W Long as well.

Speaking of which, could you guys help me design a slide plate for the .32s, where they can slide down and enter the spring? For the moment i'm using the brass slideplate but the opening is too big and the bullets get stuck when falling sideways.

Best Regards
    Karl
    Run it a little slower, and more angle. Shoot some video and post if you are still having an issue.

Best Regards
    Karl
    I'm looking to get into 32 by way of 327 so videos and other cooperation would be lit

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Run it a little slower, and more angle. Shoot some video and post if you are still having an issue.
    This is how is works, i think a slideplate that the bullets can glide down on instead of falling of the 90 degrees edge would help. See the one with lead bullets and how they lock up due to tumbeling when falling down. The bulletfeed-die is working really well though!

Collating .32S&W Long HBWC

Lead bullets lock-up the collator

Feed die.

This is how is works, i think a slideplate that the bullets can glide down on instead of falling of the 90 degrees edge would help. See the one with lead bullets and how they lock up due to tumbeling when falling down. The bulletfeed-die is working really well though!
    As an experiment you could attach the Brass_Base_Up_Drop_Hole_Adapter to the underside of the slide. This part was designed specifically to feed upside down brass which really wants to flip. It has a much narrower hole, and also runs straight out. Both of those features prevent things from getting hung up. Since the opening is a little smaller you will have to position it correctly on the slide plate.

Boolit Bub
    As an experiment you could attach the Brass_Base_Up_Drop_Hole_Adapter to the underside of the slide. This part was designed specifically to feed upside down brass which really wants to flip. It has a much narrower hole, and also runs straight out. Both of those features prevent things from getting hung up. Since the opening is a little smaller you will have to position it correctly on the slide plate.
    I'll give it a try and get back to you.

Boolit Mold
    Hey,

Sorry new to this, I extracted the Parts Generator.jar

The "generator" file opens in OpenSCAD, but I don't see the temple shown in the user manual (which program should I open that file with?)

Thanks,

Boolit Bub
    That seems to work well, I ran alot of bullets without lock-ups.
    Could I possibly bother you to make a plate with a hole that fits the "Brass_Base_Up_Drop_Hole_Adapter" and where the hole is 18mm from the inner-edge?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6095.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	287610

Name:	IMG_6093.jpeg 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	287611

Name:	IMG_6092.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	287612
    Last edited by Charlie_Sweden; 08-19-2021 at 10:21 AM.

I think the jar GUI just uses openScad as a engine. At least when i run it I don't get native OpenScad. Make sure you have a java runtime environment. I pulled one down the other day and haven't had any problems with the generator
    https://java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp

You know, the old collator used to open directly to OpenScad. Are you sure you are using the current code from github? https://github.com/BF556/Feeder

Boolit Bub
    I made a new slideplate for .32S&W Long wadcutter. It seems to work.

Name:	IMG_6101.jpeg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	287664

Boolit Buddy
    I made a new slideplate for .32S&W Long wadcutter. It seems to work.

Name:	IMG_6101.jpeg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	287664
    Whats that piece that you have under the feeder that rotates?
    https://youtu.be/ZalkQAgeuEs?t=39

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    Whats that piece that you have under the feeder that rotates?
    https://youtu.be/ZalkQAgeuEs?t=39
    It's a wheel/flipper/thingy that changes the direction of the wadcutter bullets, the custom collatorplate sends them facing down, but when seating them they need to be facing up. I designed it myself, not part of the awesome downloadable package that TylerR and friends have designed.

Those are live primed rounds right? What do you do with them facing down? Bulge busting?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    It's a wheel/flipper/thingy that changes the direction of the wadcutter bullets, the custom collatorplate sends them facing down, but when seating them they need to be facing up. I designed it myself, not part of the awesome downloadable package that TylerR and friends have designed.
    That would be a nice addition to the kit you should post it.

Page 238 of 361 FirstFirst ... 138188228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248288338 ... LastLast